2002 Honda CR125R Rebuild Thread!

Ok so in 2008 my cousin bought a really nice 2002 Honda Cr125r and took amazing care of it and did a bunch of upgrades. In 2010 he asked me to buy it and I couldn't get the money together quick enough so he sold it to somebody else. I recently found the guy that bought the bike and gave him a cash offer for it and he took it! This bike was mint condition when my cousin sold it but when I received it I had my work cut out for me. Plastics were broken, bike was never cleaned, rims were broken. I finally have a decent income so I decided to take this project on to make it even better then it was before my cousin sold it!

Upgrade list as of now ( 7/09/2011 )

pro taper handle bars

pro taper triple clamps

vortex rear sprocket

renthal chain

front sprocket

wiseco piston

hot rod crank

MSR Shifter and Clutch Perk

fmf fatty pipe

fmf shorty silencer

one graphics

maxxis rear tire

G-Force black rims ( Front & Back )

one seat cover

hinson clutch

& More!

What the bike looked like before my cousin sold it -

13756_1066812846493_1711217065_128169_7387278_n.jpg

When I bought it -

photo.jpg

First night I got it, My cousin and I tore it down to clean it and go threw it ( changing fluids, checking everything out )

photo1.jpg

Edited by Cr125o2
Update

Thanks! Thursday ( July 14 ) is my 23rd birthday and I checked all my tracking numbers for the parts I have coming in and there all coming in on my birthday so thats sick! pictures will be updated as I go!

Nice looking CR! I can't say it looked trashed before (it's hard to tell mechanical condition based on some pictures, though), but I still like what you've done with it so far! BTW, it looks to me like you've got your chain too tight in that picture?

Good lookin bike, but it looks like you haven't read this yet:

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/05/budget-racer-2001-honda-cr125/

Cut that airbox, get the 07 airboot, and rejet.

I followed the article, but went with a 134 bore and PWK38AS carb too. Can't believe I haven't been able to take it to the track yet, maybe this weekend if I get the axle adjusters fixed.

Nice ride you have there. I sold my very-low hour 2002 CR 125 to a buddy at the end of last season. He put on the newer airboot mentioned previously, plus vented the airbox along with a fresh top-end and a shorty muffler. I got to ride my old bike this Spring and was very surprised at the effect these mods had. I was told that the CR's could not be made fast but I know for sure that these mods work. Do these mods and you will love that CR !

Edited by thsp485

• 2 weeks later...