How to make money when your under 16

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to hijack the thread but dont spend 6k on a new 125 2t. it will be the biggest waste of money, just get a used bike and rebuild the motor.

anyways best way i would have to say is get a job! even then its gonna be really tough to save up 6k for a bike

Happen to be born into a farmin family like me, then work...alot. I've worked 65 hours since this time last week...not the most fun way to spend your last summer of highschool(my case), or anytime really.

But unless you're born into a business or your family is really good friends with a business, i doubt you will be able to get a real job until you're legal. One of my friends makes some decent money mowing laws, but it takes time to build up a big group of people so you can make money on quickly

Paper Route?

I started my first job volunteering at a church that was building a school. I worked picking up scrap lumber, sorting and restacking. By the end of summer, I was a hod carrier and learning to lay bricks. It didn't take long for the contractors at that church to see the work ethic and offer me a job.

Fact is, in today's economy, no one is going to GIVE you a job, your going to have to show what you got and hope someone finds it worth paying for.

Good Luck!!

Alot of grocery stores will hire 16 and under for bagging groceries. Take it from me, I'm 20 and never seriouslty worked till about 19. Save every penny you have. 6k on a new 125 seems like a good idea, but if your not racing and it's not paying you dividends to ride it, then I would't want to shell out 6k on a new bike. Save around 3k and buy yourself a used one owner bike with little use, throw in a new pistion, lube everything, change the fluids and bang, got yourself a new bike.

if your buying a 125 2t dont buy new. for the most part they havent been updated for awhile so there is no point. Get a decent used one (which there is a lot of) and rebuild the motor. youll only spend half the money of a new one. 6000 is a lot to save at your age, but if thats what you really wanna do then get a job and good luck.

if your buying a 125 2t dont buy new. for the most part they havent been updated for awhile so there is no point. Get a decent used one (which there is a lot of) and rebuild the motor. youll only spend half the money of a new one. .

This.

My 14 yr old nephew got a job as a ticket taker at a movie theater.

I mowed lawns in grade school in the '70's. Bought my own Honda XR75 ($464), used Ludwig drumset ($550), Schwinn Continental 10 spd ($145) and a necklace for Tracy Muller ($25). When you spend your own money, you never forget the price of the stuff you bought.

Buy used, learn how to rebuild and maintain, then next semester take an accounting class to learn about depreciation.