Sign in to follow this  

no body is talking about the 2012 X?

Nothin' new besides Bold New Graphics over the 2010.

Is it any better than my 2005 that doesn't have any emmissions BS, is it plated like mine? Nooooo, nothing to talk about yet!

When you buy one then we'll "talk" about it.:thumbsup:

Here ya go:

NEWSFLASH:

Honda releases the new 2012 CRF450X next month to a fanfare of excited buyers

" Yeah, I can't wait to swing my legs over those Bold new Graphics! I hear they are much lighter and faster than last years Graphics!"

" My buddy's friend said that Honda's new 2012 is better than my 2005, cause it 's newer, so it must have updates in it that there are not talking about yet"

" I feel obligated to purchase a motorcyle every few years, to make sure the Corporate Honda knows I love them, even if they are like Glaciers when it comes to Off-Road product development. I don't want them to get mad at me, after all."

HAHAHA/////Dennis quit stirring the pot:devil::thumbsup:

HAHA, just having some fun, I was looking forward to a new FI X, oh well, may have to look at the new KTM 500 instead.

I've been a Honda guy my entire life. I haven't had a bike in quite sometime due to College, Marriage and Kids. I am finally at a point to buy a bike and start riding again. I can't believe that Honda won't put out a streetable 450. I don't want a cumbersome 650 or an anemic 230. I want a real dirt riding Dual Sport. I don't want a DRZ either. Suzuki's seem to be more street than dirt. So my dilemma is this: Do I but a used older DS Honda 450x (Hopefully find one in good great shape and low hours) or do I just buy a new KTM 500 exc. I already have my name on a new 500exc at my dealer here in Bakersfield and I am like #2 on the list, so I am almost guaranteed one if I want it (Could be 2 months before they come in. I know what folks say about 1st generation engines, but since I plan on keeping the bike for years, I figure I'll have plenty of time for maintenance/upgrades/ etc.

ANY THOUGHTS????

I've been a Honda guy my entire life. I haven't had a bike in quite sometime due to College, Marriage and Kids. I am finally at a point to buy a bike and start riding again. I can't believe that Honda won't put out a streetable 450. I don't want a cumbersome 650 or an anemic 230. I want a real dirt riding Dual Sport. I don't want a DRZ either. Suzuki's seem to be more street than dirt. So my dilemma is this: Do I but a used older DS Honda 450x (Hopefully find one in good great shape and low hours) or do I just buy a new KTM 500 exc. I already have my name on a new 500exc at my dealer here in Bakersfield and I am like #2 on the list, so I am almost guaranteed one if I want it (Could be 2 months before they come in. I know what folks say about 1st generation engines, but since I plan on keeping the bike for years, I figure I'll have plenty of time for maintenance/upgrades/ etc.

ANY THOUGHTS????

If you can afford the new Kaboom, then there is nothing that I see wrong with going that route. Especially if you plan to keep it for a long long time. The EFI may be new to that model, but KTM worked out all of the bugs on the 'Berg lineup the last few years.

Then again, you would save a boatload of $$ with a good already legal'd X. You guys in Cali know more about your plate situation than I do, so that is only something that you can determine (that is, if you can get an X through DMV).

Frankly, if I were you, and I could only have ONE bike, I would be getting the used X. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain, and easier to troubleshoot problems (no efi) if something does go wrong. The X is as close to claw hammer reliable as you can buy from Honda (or anyone else) these days.

I sure as heck wouldn't drop the money for a new X though when the old ones are identical. Why take the initial depreciation hit?

If you can afford the new Kaboom, then there is nothing that I see wrong with going that route. Especially if you plan to keep it for a long long time. The EFI may be new to that model, but KTM worked out all of the bugs on the 'Berg lineup the last few years.

Then again, you would save a boatload of $$ with a good already legal'd X. You guys in Cali know more about your plate situation than I do, so that is only something that you can determine (that is, if you can get an X through DMV).

Frankly, if I were you, and I could only have ONE bike, I would be getting the used X. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain, and easier to troubleshoot problems (no efi) if something does go wrong. The X is as close to claw hammer reliable as you can buy from Honda (or anyone else) these days.

I sure as heck wouldn't drop the money for a new X though when the old ones are identical. Why take the initial depreciation hit?

Loots of good points. Here in Ohio it is still easy to plate a bike in some counties but if I were in your state I would be tempted to buy a bike that you know they can't revoke the plate from. Just my 2-cents.

Loots of good points. Here in Ohio it is still easy to plate a bike in some counties but if I were in your state I would be tempted to buy a bike that you know they can't revoke the plate from. Just my 2-cents.

Good point!! If I bought an already street legal X just to have the registration revoked, I would..., well lets not go there. Maybe the KTM is looking to become the clear choice.

guys can somebody help me out with a relation on the 450x i usually used 14 on front and 48 on back i bought a 2008 bike last week and it came with 15 front and 49 on back does it run better or whats the diference,,,thanks

guys can somebody help me out with a relation on the 450x i usually used 14 on front and 48 on back i bought a 2008 bike last week and it came with 15 front and 49 on back does it run better or whats the diference,,,thanks

Slightly higher top speed, less torque on the bottom.

HAHA, just having some fun, I was looking forward to a new FI X, oh well, may have to look at the new KTM 500 instead.

That's funny. I bought a 2011 carbureted 530 the day the 2012 FI's came out:ride::ride::thumbsup:

eastreich stop with the logic already. There's no room around these parts for rational thought regarding the 450X.:ride::lol::ride::thumbsup:

my dealer here in Bakersfield

Sorry, but i have to ask... Do you listen to KoRn??

What happened to your 300 ???

220 hours, five pistons, one new cylinder. Sold it. It was a great bike and very fun but I wouldn't consider it a high hour type ride:lol::lol::lol: Plus, IME, it was very expensive to maintain.:( I rode the peouss out of it to make sure to get the full 300 "experience":lol::lol: I got a great deal on a 2011 530XC-W demo bike and will use that as my primary ride now (perfect motor for us short shifting lugger type riders). The 450R is still running strong and is ready to go for a buddy or back-up bike but I'm still shopping for another 450X to replace the 450R.:smirk::p

Sorry, but i have to ask... Do you listen to KoRn??

Ha!! I get that question quite often. I actually went to High School with those guys and their siblings. Great people. However; although I have been to some hometown concerts and hung out backstage with the fellas, I must admit that I don't really listen to their music much. My brother happens to love their music. If you want to hear their pre-KoRn days, they were called LAPD if I am remembering correctly.