Endurocross bikes

Whats a great bike for endurocross?

Ktm 300 exc ftw

thats what i have its an 05

Two strokes seem to be the way to go but the Husaberg 390 would be the best 4 stroke for sure.

Whats a great bike for endurocross?

Light. With a Rekluse. That you know like the back of your hand.

I use my YZ 250 (my only bike). It was originally set up for desert racing, but I do some things to make it more friendly for EX. I have my kickstand and stabilizer off, desert tank is gone and the stock tank is never more than half full. I gear down from 14-48 to 13-48-50 (still looking for the happy medium). I couldn't even imagine having to clutch my way around the course, the Rekluse is what makes me do it. Your pipe on a 2 stroke is just a sacrificial lamb. My last two times out, I have "reshaped" my pipe without even wrecking.

So much of it (for us mortals) is done between 0-5 mph. Our feet are out and we are try to manipulate the bike around in uncomfortable ways. Whether it be a 125, 200, 250 2 stroke or 4 stroke, the rider's comfortability with the machine is paramount.

I wonder how my Husqvarna TE449 would go :smirk:

Dirt rider magazine did an overview of some of the top riders bikes and how they set them up. There was no default best bike for the job, quite a variety really, mostly based on the rider's personal preference. Not all the riders ran autoclutches either, one factory backed team even quit using them after 2 failures. DNF's on Sunday doesn't sell bikes on Monday

KDX 220R! I used to race one, always wished it had a different front end though. I wanted to put a KX250 front end on it, but I sold the bike.

Light. With a Rekluse. That you know like the back of your hand.

I use my YZ 250 (my only bike). It was originally set up for desert racing, but I do some things to make it more friendly for EX. I have my kickstand and stabilizer off, desert tank is gone and the stock tank is never more than half full. I gear down from 14-48 to 13-48-50 (still looking for the happy medium). I couldn't even imagine having to clutch my way around the course, the Rekluse is what makes me do it. Your pipe on a 2 stroke is just a sacrificial lamb. My last two times out, I have "reshaped" my pipe without even wrecking.

So much of it (for us mortals) is done between 0-5 mph. Our feet are out and we are try to manipulate the bike around in uncomfortable ways. Whether it be a 125, 200, 250 2 stroke or 4 stroke, the rider's comfortability with the machine is paramount.

I'm saving my pennies for a GasGas EC 200. My 2010 EC 450 and I do not do well at 0-5mph bike yoga on mountain goat terrain and obstacles. I've got a lot of respect for you guys.:smirk:

Light. With a Rekluse. That you know like the back of your hand...

Whether it be a 125, 200, 250 2 stroke or 4 stroke, the rider's comfortability with the machine is paramount.

totally agree with all of these points... a big bore thumper just doesn't sound like the best bike for the job

I shared an elevator in LV and the 09 endurocross with the Pres of rekluse... he assured me ALL of the bikes run an auto-clutch, whether they are sponsored by one or not

Most run the auto NOT for a performance advantage, most riders on the circut have skilled enough left hands for the obstacles. But stalling and restarting pays such a big penalty when things go wrong its worth it.