Sign in to follow this  

power increasing mods on my KX100 for MX

hey i have a kx100 and im wondering what mods i could do myself that dont require a whole lot of special equipment (boring, stroking, porting). I am 5' 6" and 120 i've almost outgrown it but before i get a new bike i would like some extra power. im mostly gonna be ridin mx and some trails.

thanks charlie

ps please dont tell me i should get a 125 cause i am this is just for right now

aftermarket header is always sweet. aftermarket pipes. or a Vforce3 reed valve. o have them all on my 250 and its awsome power. itll catwalk in 5th easy

If you're willing to get into the motor for more power, Stroke it and keep stock bore (103cc).

Best parts for your build: +2mm stroker crank, Phathead racing cylinder head machined for added stroke, pipe/silencer combo of your choice (I suggest FMF or Bills), V Force reeds, 428 chain/sprocket upgrade. Jet accordingly, have fun.

Your too big. My kid is smaller then you and he started riding my 250f in april. He still rides his kx100 in the supermini class but he looks big on it.

cool i think i will get v-force3 reeds and maybe a pipe

thanks alot!! :ride::thumbsup:

you can change your sprocket sizes for more tourque or high speed to eh? if you want more tourque put bigger sprockets. you want more top speed use smaller.

what brand aftermarket header did you get and how much would it cost to have someone stroke my bike? thanks again for the help

what brand aftermarket header did you get and how much would it cost to have someone stroke my bike? thanks again for the help

The pipe is up to you. We used a Bills and was happy. As for the motor work, anyone you trust can do it. All it requires is the changing of the crank and the head work can be easily be done by Bob at bobscycleslem.com. His cost is about $45 or so. Ours was the first one he'd done and he still uses the same dimensions. Those will net you a little bit higher compression but still being able to use pump 93 gas.

Going stroker is a nice boost of power while retaining stock bore. This means no modification to bore, powervalve, special head gaskets, pistons, etc.

EDIT: BTW, hope you're planning on racing Supermini, Schoolboy 1 or lites. Unless your local track allows you in a mini class.