09 CRF250R: Still a valve eater??

I know i should put this in the Honda forums but i need reply's fast before this bike near us sells. Can anyone comfirm if the valve issues have been fixed in the 2009 bike?

Thanks,please reply ASAP if you know anything

The valve problems for this bike were fixed in 07. I have gone 128 hours and not a single problem on my 09. I also have leftover 08 i got from the dealer awhile ago and only because it was a good price, i sold it when it had 73 hours on it to trade for the 09 and all i did with it was air filter changes and oil changes. My 2009 is by far the best bike i have owned and is as reliable if not more then my newest bike, 2010 YZ250F.

You will have no problems with this bike i can assure you :thumbsup:

I second that. The bikes did have some valve issues in 2004/2005. These got improved in 2006 and are just as good as any bike in the 2007 and later models. I myself own a 2008 and have done 93 hours so far, No issues what so ever. Susuki/Kawasaki are piston eaters in the 2006-2009 models Honda/Yamaha are the reliable ones in 2007-2011. Honda had the problems fixed in 07 and are still now tweaking their engines for better durability. 2009 is the most reliable and 2010 is almost as good besides a few problems with the FI.

Great bikes i recommend to anyone who prefer to ride rather than fix.

:thumbsup:

The 2 guys above me have said it all.

Great bike.

Mines the 09 model aswell. I prefer carb just because its what i know so i bought the latest model with a carb. I just reached 183 hours last week and the only time i touched the valves was at about 130 hours and they have been fine since then. The only other brand i would touch is a yz250f but whats the point!? they are equal in reliability from 2007 and since honda is the most popular you can get them at great prices. Although if you HAVE to get a bike below 07 i would go yami. I have owned a yz250f and i had to check the valves twice in 154 hours but besides that they are reliable aswell.

The CRF is the way to go!!

Goodluck

I have a 2007 with 106 hours of mx and have only needed to have 2 valves adjusted. One at 20 hours and the other at 60.

I have had an 05 & an 09 and never had valve problems. A key factor is to clean the air filter every ride. Also make sure airbox is sealed correctly

I have had an 05 & an 09 and never had valve problems. A key factor is to clean the air filter every ride. Also make sure airbox is sealed correctly

True that. The valves were improved for 07, but if the bike was fed dirt through improper filter maintenance or improperly installed filter, it will waste the in valves everytime, don't care who you are, year or color of bike!