Is The Kawasaki kx250f a reliable bike?I Have heard that they fall apart easily...

G'day i was just wondering if a kawasaki was a reliable bike because i have heard from my mates that they fall apart easily. any help would be greatly appreciated.

They require the same amount of maintaince as any of the other 250f's, except come with a much stronger motor. Your mates probably just cant afford a different bike then what they've got and dont want you to have something better!

thanks mate, will consider getting one! how about the older ones, are they reliable too???

thanks mate, will consider getting one! how about the older ones, are they reliable too???

do your homework and decide. Asking this question on a kxf forum will get you a different opinion than asking the same question on the yzf/crf/rmz forums.

You may also want an opinion from the mechanics who fix these bikes.

i had three so far 07,09 and 2010 have logged 300 hours with the 3. not one break down except and aftermarket piston oveled where the pin goes threw got it in time and easy fix. piston co. admitted it and gave me a new one. and the only other problem at the track he plastic hot start screw striped out of the carb when changing jets. kaw and yam are the 2 best for relability.

i had three so far 07,09 and 2010 have logged 300 hours with the 3. not one break down except and aftermarket piston oveled where the pin goes threw got it in time and easy fix. piston co. admitted it and gave me a new one. and the only other problem at the track he plastic hot start screw striped out of the carb when changing jets. kaw and yam are the 2 best for relability.

That hot start screw is a PITA

i put the aluminum pc one in now ,when i get a new bike.

I have had two '04's, an '06, '07, 09, and now an '11. They have all been raced hard and cared for properly and I have never had a mechanical failure.

ive had an 08, 09. i think kawis chassis holds up better than the hondas and everything else nowadays. and my motor is still bullet proof on my 09 with 129 hours. change the oil every 8 hours and keep a clean bike and filter.