Sign in to follow this  

Mx TRACK + no flaggers =

This is what happens when there is no flaggers at the track. Came off a blind double only to find a yz450 laying in the middle of the track. I was pretty lucky to walk away with just a few bruises and scratches. Just thought I would share this. Why in the world they have no flag guys is beyond me

CIMG6461.jpg

Good thing you are ok. I think that is the thing that pisses me off the most at mx tracks is when flaggers are either not paying attention or there arent enough on the track. Things happen but they play a pivital role in keeping riders safe.

^That is true....if a person is going to be a flagger........be serious about it....

ive seen it plenty of times out here, not enough flaggers so theres huge pile ups. I remember there was one race where the 50's were out there a kid fell on a blind jump(on top of a table because they couldnt clear it) there was no flagger in that section so at least 7 of the riders piled up onto the other kid

The other side of the coin. You rode the track and jumped a blind double.

If you felt the track was unsafe, you should have pulled off after your first rolling " sight lap" and voiced your concern to the track operator.

I certainly agree about having flaggers, but we as riders are ultimately responsible for ourselves out there, we need to inspect our riding areas before doing hot laps.

Weak as heck man, I've heard some real horror stories about tracks without flaggers, don't know if I'd get on one. Hard to say though if it was my only choice.

That is definitely fixable...:thumbsup:

That's what I was thinking... wanna buy it:smirk:

Good thing you are ok. I think that is the thing that pisses me off the most at mx tracks is when flaggers are either not paying attention or there arent enough on the track. Things happen but they play a pivital role in keeping riders safe.

Oh it was worse than that . There was absolutely NO flaggers. I won't mention the track name but you should be able to figure it out, not that many tracks in Tampa

a pipe repair place will make it just like new for $60

Meh, I got another pipe in the garage. I was just wanting to vent on how unsafe it is without flaggers. I could have easily been hauled off in an ambulance

Meh, I got another pipe in the garage. I was just wanting to vent on how unsafe it is without flaggers. I could have easily been hauled off in an ambulance

Knowing what you do now, the next time you want to go riding don't go back there unless you know there are going to be flaggers.

It was as unsafe before you smashed your pipe as it was after, nothing changed. If I were you, I'd decide that if I went to a track that didn't have flaggers, I wouldn't unload my bike.

Keep in mind that some personal responsibility is required here, you knew that there weren't any flaggers out there but you still chose to ride.

Glad you weren't hurt.

Most tracks in Texas don't have flaggers during open practice. You've gotta be a little more careful about when and where you jump when no flaggers are present.

whoa, didnt even realize you were in florida. I cant see pics from work but if you said Tampa then I obviously know where you were riding.

whoa, didnt even realize you were in florida. I cant see pics from work but if you said Tampa then I obviously know where you were riding.

Yup, I see you at the tracks a bunch I'll have to stop by and say hey.

I see your point

Now I have flagged many many races and practice sessions. And on countless occasions riders will double, triple, hit the flag that is being waved. So if riders don't obey the flag what good is it? Just something to think about the next time your at the track.

wow, I rarely ride at a track during open practice that has a flagger, maybe like 2 times out of 3 years of riding every weekend...races usually have flaggers though

I told you to ride A-B class with me. Glad i only had to load your bike and not you. You think they will have a flagger there or 3? Now you have hood ornamate for your truck.