Sign in to follow this  

Zyp Ty XF+ Coolant Question

I've been running this stuff on the road here in hot south florida, and just up in the mountains in VA on a 175 mile ride last week and my Husky with no fans seems to love it. But I was thinking, since this stuff doesn't boil over, how do you know if the bike is running too hot? Isn't boiling over kinda the only sign that the bike IS overheating?

Also, on a related note, I see allot of people changing their coolant caps to high pressure ones, so again if your doing this and going to one that takes more pressure to open than stock, don't you run the risk of running the bike hot?

Nate

Edited by NateZ426

I've been running this stuff on the road here in hot south florida, and just up in the mountains in VA on a 175 mile ride last week and my Husky with no fans seems to love it. But I was thinking, since this stuff doesn't boil over, how do you know if the bike is running too hot? Isn't boiling over kinda the only sign that the bike IS overheating?

Also, on a related note, I see allot of people changing their coolant caps to high pressure ones, so again if your doing this and going to one that takes more pressure to open than stock, don't you run the risk of running the bike hot?

Nate

I went through the same dilema before I put this in my bike. I run this coolant and installed a Trail Tech computer with temp sensor to monitor temps. Other than that, it's really hard to tell if it's overheating with this coolant. Positive side is mine never overheats since i installed this stuff.