215.VM2.K5 labeling

So I was down dropping off my motor oil at the county hazardous waste facility, and they have a large rack of unused or still good, household chemicals (must have 200 cans of spray paint, won't need to buy that for a long while) that you can take for free. What do I see, 5 unopened bottles of 215.VM2.K5, score....:thumbsup:

My question: There are little round red stickers with #3 and #5 hand written, fluid in the #5 bottles look a little more red. I'm guessing this is the weight? Will #3 be good for my forks, (WR 450)? Going to give it a try, but would like to know what I'm trying in case I like the way the cool-aide tastes.

thanks, j-

So I was down dropping off my motor oil at the county hazardous waste facility, and they have a large rack of unused or still good, household chemicals (must have 200 cans of spray paint, won't need to buy that for a long while) that you can take for free. What do I see, 5 unopened bottles of 215.VM2.K5, score....:ride:

My question: There are little round red stickers with #3 and #5 hand written, fluid in the #5 bottles look a little more red. I'm guessing this is the weight? Will #3 be good for my forks, (WR 450)? Going to give it a try, but would like to know what I'm trying in case I like the way the cool-aide tastes.

thanks, j-

Wow! you did score.

yes #3 for your WR 450 #5 goes in for the outer chamber of Twin Chamber forks. YZf's and such.

Let the oil come up to temp. before adjusting and you'll be fine.

A good 15 minutes ought to do it.:thumbsup:

Nice find. I'll take the #5 if you don't want it i'll pay shipping.:ride:

jw

While we are on the subject, how long is spi3 good for? I found an unopened bottle from roughly a year ago sitting in my garage. I was going to do a shock rebuild with it and figured I'd ask.

While we are on the subject, how long is spi3 good for? I found an unopened bottle from roughly a year ago sitting in my garage. I was going to do a shock rebuild with it and figured I'd ask.

It's good. Mineral based oils last nearly indefinitely unless contaminated with something. Just be sure you're using SPI#3 in the shock.

Thanks

fluid in the #5 bottles look a little more red.

thanks, j-

I didnt notice any red tint to the stuff I bought. Are you sure it was un-opened?

Let the oil come up to temp. before adjusting and you'll be fine.

A good 15 minutes ought to do it.:thumbsup:

jw

15 min to come up to temp? Why so long? Some races aren't that long.

15 min to come up to temp? Why so long? Some races aren't that long.

True there and that might be an overaggeration, sorry. My mind is in testing mode. While your at practice/testing then dial your stuff in. I hope by the time race rolls around your all set to go. :thumbsup:

jw

I too noticed the same 10-15minute warmup requirement.

I didnt notice any red tint to the stuff I bought. Are you sure it was un-opened?

it doesn't look red, but when you hold it up to the #3 it looks more red, it's very subtle but noticeable. They both have a honey color to them.

Is there a foil seal under the cap on these bottles?

I heard he bottles it in his garage so I doubt it's going to have a seal. At least the stuff I saw didn't.

The SPI-5 does have a like red tone over the SPI-3