Sign in to follow this  

First moto fade

I have a big problem in first motos. I start the moto strong, but very quickly develop arm pump and fade in speed (around lap 2 or so). Second moto this doesn't happen, can run pretty strong thru the 4-5 laps. Any advice from others who have gone thru this would be great.

Warmup befoer your first moto. Get your blood flowing. go for a run or do some jumping jacks or ride a stationary bike.

I have a big problem in first motos. I start the moto strong, but very quickly develop arm pump and fade in speed (around lap 2 or so). Second moto this doesn't happen, can run pretty strong thru the 4-5 laps. Any advice from others who have gone thru this would be great.

Try doing a light cardo warmup for about 10 to 15 min a little while before the first moto.

Warmup befoer your first moto. Get your blood flowing. go for a run or do some jumping jacks or ride a stationary bike.

Agreed.

I usually take a 3-5 minute jog in full gear (minus helmet) around the pits:lol:

Get your heart racing around 10-15 minutes before your moto and you'll be good.

Agreed.

I usually take a 3-5 minute jog in full gear (minus helmet) around the pits:lol:

Get your heart racing around 10-15 minutes before your moto and you'll be good.

You can run/jog in your motocross boots?

EEK, IDK wanna know how loose those things are!!! :thumbsup:

The best "warm-up" is sadly getting on a bicycle and riding around the pits without your gear on. Maybe 30 min before your race, just hit up a decent 5 - 10 minute session. Then take in some nutrients, throw your gear on and whist your waiting to take your grid position, do some jumping jacks, lateral twists and try to keep your body in-motion and busy before you hit the starting line.

Arm pump is caused by lack of potassium and fluids in your system. So WAY before you even think about riding, you need to pre-condition yourself by taking in potassium and water, that would be the day before and of course the day of as well. Everyone seems to get arm pump when they first race because you just grip hard since your nervous. If you prepare yourself in advance, you'll probably get much less arm pump and that alone will help you combat the over-gripping issues from nerves.

I always used to pump up on my first ride of the day, until I started warming up. Also get some type of hand grip exerciser, use like 30min before you ride. It will get your forearms warmed up way better than any kind of cardio.