When to use the different map plugs

I liked the stock map performance then I installed a FMF 4.1 RCT slip on with SA and the bike got a little slower and softer in response overall. I put in the lean plug and the bike livened back up and feels very good now. It started everytime on the 2nd kick with the stock map but with the lean map it starts on the 2nd kick but then stalls like it is lean...does this usually 2 times and then warms up perfectly. Have not tried the rich plug yet.

The slip-on should work properly with the stock plug, the stock plug is too rich for the stock exhaust, putting a freeer flowing exhaust on the bike will make the afr closer to what it should be. Running the lean plug is going to make your bike far too lean. Id try the rich plug and the stock plug if I were you

Every motocross mag I read all say that an exhaust will do magic to the rmz, so I think you guys are right about it being too rich, open up the exhaust a little to lean it out and you got your self a perfect set up.... on the market for an exhaust now thanks a lot jerks hahahaha ?

THi I'm kind new to the whole forum thing. But I noticed this was about rmz. I have a 09 rmz and was wondering if they made a cobra sparky type arrestor for my bike. I know about the moto billet but I'm looking for a cheaper route if possible. Thanks

THi I'm kind new to the whole forum thing. But I noticed this was about rmz. I have a 09 rmz and was wondering if they made a cobra sparky type arrestor for my bike. I know about the moto billet but I'm looking for a cheaper route if possible. Thanks

Sorry, but I think that the PMB is going to be about the cheapest route.

I have a 11 rmz450 and I LOVE it! I am interested to see when y'all have used the other maps, what conditions? what did you notice? Im going riding in hot weather on thursday so Im thinking of using the grey rich plug. Hit me with some knowledge ?

I believe you are backwards here. Warmer air and higher humidity = less dense air so you're bike will tend to run rich. The white (lean) jumper is the one you want. The same is true for higher elevations. Stock bikes are usually tuned for sea level, so if you live at a higher elevation like I do (3500 ft) the air is again less dense so you can typically see an improvement through leaning out your bike. My '11 is bone stock and I thought the power was good but the delivery was a littly 'fluffy' and I switched to the lean jumper and it definitely made the response more crisp with a slight increase in overall power. My advice would be to experiment with all the maps, see what you like and run it. Short of an air fuel meter or a dyno, how the bike runs and looking at the spark plug are the best ways to tell what fuel setting is the best. Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...