Sign in to follow this  

How much damage is too much?

I have a cylinder that got scored by my piston. The piston is toast, but the cylinder came out with a small scratch that wouldn't come out even with a light hone. What amount of damage would you deem runnable?

If you can catch a fingernail on the scratch, you need to do something about it. A plated barrel can be replated, a iron barrel needs to be honed oversize or a new sleeve installed.

If you can catch a fingernail on the scratch, you need to do something about it. A plated barrel can be replated, a iron barrel needs to be honed oversize or a new sleeve installed.

Is the "F" word allowed on these boards? That's all I can come up with right now...

If it is plated, millennium can have it replated for like $190 or welded and replayed for $250 IIRC. Sucks but cheaper than a new cylinder.

If it's just a small scratch, you can still run it. I've run scratched cylinders when money was tight and they still ran well.

what bike? xr600? iron barrel or plated? race bike or trail bike? more info---

It's a 2011 crf450r. Which is plated. It's a full race bike.

I think I am going to do the millenium exchange program, it's 315 up front, but they give you 100 back once you ship them your old one.

You can buy a brand new cylinder for $249.

Yeah CamP I was gonna do that, but I have used Millenium before an know they will send a quality product. If I hadn't had the experience with them, I would have forked over the extra dollars for the brand new cylinder.

As for William1... My oil drain plug fell out... oops.

Yeah CamP I was gonna do that, but I have used Millenium before an know they will send a quality product. If I hadn't had the experience with them, I would have forked over the extra dollars for the brand new cylinder.

?!?

New=249

Millenium=315

Ok, I will sell you $1.00 and you give me $1.50. I need to exchange 1 Million dollars this way. I will give you a few beers while you wait for the exchange :thumbsup:

Millenium gets all my 2-stroke cylinders that need replating. they are the best.

?!?

New=249

Millenium=315

Ok, I will sell you $1.00 and you give me $1.50. I need to exchange 1 Million dollars this way. I will give you a few beers while you wait for the exchange :thumbsup:

millenium gives you back 100 dollars thus making them cheaper.

i know you said you want to get it replated. but you can get a brand new cylinder from hondapartsline.com for $239, making the price gap a little closer.

just throwin it out there.

isnt the plating from millennium better than OEM plating?

i know you said you want to get it replated. but you can get a brand new cylinder from hondapartsline.com for $239, making the price gap a little closer.

just throwin it out there.

Yeah already got-r-done. I will remember that the next time this happens. Hopefully never.

Thanks though