Sign in to follow this  

2007 Yamaha XT225 Carburetor adjustment.

I have a 2007 Yamaha XT 225 that runs fine at 1,500ft. I will soon be going to an elevation of about 8,000 feet to go riding for a couple of days. :thumbsup: I am wondering if I need to make any adjustments to the carb, or any other adjustments for that elevation

Thanks

Sawyer

At 8000 ft in elevation you should be fine with the stock jetting. Have you done any mods to your bike, IE open up the exhaust or plugs in the airbox. These bikes are pretty lean from the factory to meet EPA regulations. If you are really concerned, go down to about a 117.5 main jet, and leave the pilot jet stock....:thumbsup:

At 8000 ft in elevation you should be fine with the stock jetting. Have you done any mods to your bike, IE open up the exhaust or plugs in the airbox. These bikes are pretty lean from the factory to meet EPA regulations. If you are really concerned, go down to about a 117.5 main jet, and leave the pilot jet stock....:thumbsup:

No, I have not done any mods to my bike. Thanks for your quick reply, I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, I'm back, my bike ran a little rough at 8,000-9,000 feet. it stuttered but wasn't too bad. Defiantly ride-able but I would personally recommend tuning it.

I personally have not ridden my XT at that elevation, but most everyone I have talked to that has, has said that riding with stock jets was alright except for about 3/4 to WOT, but most of their riding was tight single track, so they weren't using that much throttle anyway....:eek: