Camping in NE wa

Washington

Didnt know these discover passes were needed on DNR land. I didnt get one and didnt get busted either. I have a fishing lic and had to pay for some extra land use thing but I am sure that doesnt cover me. This state is stupid. I am not sure how many passes I need, I have three dirt bikes two trucks and one toyhauler? Damn it.

Also, if anyone sees some dirtbags littering in camp sites, or anywhere for that matter, kick em in the head. We spent about three hours cleaning up three or four camp sites when we arrived. Found three poopie diapers. Really. My dog found on and that sent us out looking for more. Pisses me off.

Between all the damn money the state wants from me and dirtbags throwing trash everywhere it really make the "average joe" not want to go camping anymore. Sorry for the rant.

Between all the damn money the state wants from me and dirtbags throwing trash everywhere it really make the "average joe" not want to go camping anymore.

Pretty sure thats their intent :thumbsup:

We're cheaper on Prozac

We're cheaper on Prozac

Cheaper not so sure but definately more compliant and less personality.

Im not sure I am going to buy the DP. I dont think its just. We will see how long it takes for them to do something about it. We are normaly camping in DNR and they are pretty lax around that certain area. As long as you wear a helmet they leave you alone.

I was at Sun Lakes state park for the past 5 days and by the looks of things they are making a bundle off the DP, especially the Day Pass option and yes they were enforcing it. I stayed in the resort RV sites which are still state land but operated by a vendor and while a DP was not req'd in the resort area it was req'd anywhere else you went in the general vicinty.

Here's the kicker - I paid $35 a night for my RV spot, same amount that I paid in year's past and what I was qouted when I made the reservations months ago. With my check in I was given a "courtesy pass" for the following four days that allowed me to use any state area in the vicinity that req'd the DP.... bonus for me:thumbsup:

So how do we start an initiative to repeal this?

So how do we start an initiative to repeal this?

No, its the kings forest dont you know? I think they overreached with this one!

No, its the kings forest dont you know? I think they overreached with this one!

I'm really hoping a grass roots initiative springs up and puts this non-sense down. My faith in human kind is sometimes surprised. Amazing that the governor's angle on all this is to charge the public for being on land they own. This is her way of fulfilling the promise she won the election with...Saving State Parks...I'm trying to figure out what they are saving? Parks don't go away, volunteers will take care of them for the most part. It would serve her well to go out having failed to come up with a viable plan to 'sustain' something that requires nearly nothing.

Anybody know if Eyman rides dirt bikes?

I've got his mobile number :thumbsup:

Here's the kicker - I paid $35 a night for my RV spot, same amount that I paid in year's past and what I was qouted when I made the reservations months ago. With my check in I was given a "courtesy pass" for the following four days that allowed me to use any state area in the vicinity that req'd the DP.... bonus for me:thumbsup:

That is required by the new law.

I'm really hoping a grass roots initiative springs up and puts this non-sense down. My faith in human kind is sometimes surprised. Amazing that the governor's angle on all this is to charge the public for being on land they own. This is her way of fulfilling the promise she won the election with...Saving State Parks...I'm trying to figure out what they are saving? Parks don't go away, volunteers will take care of them for the most part. It would serve her well to go out having failed to come up with a viable plan to 'sustain' something that requires nearly nothing.

was teling some people at work all about it and they had no idea. Their jaws hit the floor. They just couldnt believe it. Hows the average guy ever gonna afford this state? Discover pass, NW forest pass, winter park pass, close to highest gas tax in nation, tolls poping up everywhere, %10 sales tax, astromical real estate taxes. Oh...but we dont have a state income tax...aint we lucky. :thumbsup:

Was talking to ranger Mikki saturday and she said Eyemans current initiative involves ensuring all gas tax money goes to road maintenance and funding.....the possible unintended result would be ALL of ORV gas tax would also be diverted to roads and not trails. this is probably something Eyeman didn't plan on or know so WE need to be onto this and get it changed. Tod, do you know about this?

Joe

I've got his mobile number :thumbsup:

Send him this video ---LINK---

Was talking to ranger Mikki saturday and she said Eyemans current initiative involves ensuring all gas tax money goes to road maintenance and funding.....the possible unintended result would be ALL of ORV gas tax would also be diverted to roads and not trails. this is probably something Eyeman didn't plan on or know so WE need to be onto this and get it changed. Tod, do you know about this?

Joe

All over it.

We've be talking frequently.

I've got Legislators looking into it too.

I am currently waiting for an informal opinion from the State Attorney General.

To be honest I am pissed. I fish, hunt, and ride dirtbaike. Between all the lic, tabs, and what ever I pay every year I am going broke. This land IS our land, we own it, they manage it. i will do everything I can to get this DP thing demmed unjustified. I will never buy the dang pass or pay fee's. IF there is anyone who has a clue on how to get a repeal started and possibly a petition started lemme know. PM me and I will forward you my email address. If we all work together great things can happen. Thanks.

All over it.

We've be talking frequently.

I've got Legislators looking into it too.

I am currently waiting for an informal opinion from the State Attorney General.

you ARE amazing Tod :thumbsup:

Joe

Is their any petitions going around yet? I know a bunch of people who will be willing to put in some work to get sigs.

Is their any petitions going around yet? I know a bunch of people who will be willing to put in some work to get sigs.

A petition would have little to no impact.

To change the law you will need to convince a majority of the Legislature that they made a big mistake and convince a handful of Legislators that the mistake was so bad that they should eat the backlash from key Democrat legislators that they would get for sponsoring legislation repealling SB5622.

A few thousand names on a petition would not accomplish that.

A petition would have little to no impact.

To change the law you will need to convince a majority of the Legislature that they made a big mistake and convince a handful of Legislators that the mistake was so bad that they should eat the backlash from key Democrat legislators that they would get for sponsoring legislation repealling SB5622.

A few thousand names on a petition would not accomplish that.

So what can we do? I am not really sure how to convince the government that I shouldnt be giving them so much money. I just think that most outdoor enthusiest (hunters, fisherman, hikers, mt bikers, hippies, ect) feel the same about the dang DP.