100% GoPro Footage BUT a little different...

Played around shooting with the GoPro but not POV. It's nice to know you can get decent footage OTHER than helmet, chest, handle bar mount etc... The camera took some beatings and no damage to it or the housing. My subject was spur of the moment... "Hey, you got some time? I'll shoot video of you..."

Mute the music if it's not your taste...

http://vimeo.com/26257971

Sweet, god to know when i get one, it can be used for anything.

That was a sick video man.

How did you take all the moving angles I kept thinking you've got a really brave buddy to run in front of the bike while it lands lol

you inspired me.. sweet video man

cool vid..

Cool video. Well done!

I did cringe everytime your foot came off the peg while airborne and you drop your foot to the ground before the bike has landed, though. I think back to the time I hyperextended my knee. Pain like no other.

I wasn't riding. I shot the video. Kapili is a friend I saw coming up the road when I was looking around for someone to test my angles on... I was stoked because he was a more than willing subject.:thumbsup:

Some shots I had the GP on the end of a fishing pole I reinforced. 13' Boom. Some were on the end of a short pole around 4' or so and you take off running behind your subject which gives a much cooler look than staying still IMO. To top it off you will get a killer workout... Haha!

The one were the camera got clipped I was starting to run and tripped. I felt the tire hit then looked at the end of the pole and the camera wasn't there. Haha! Made for a cool clip though... The ones where Kapili was jumping it was easy to position the camera right underneath him. then swing it out from under before he smashes it..

Anyway, put some cool vids together and let's see them!

I like!:thumbsup:

I wasn't riding. I shot the video. Kapili is a friend I saw coming up the road when I was looking around for someone to test my angles on... I was stoked because he was a more than willing subject.:thumbsup:

Some shots I had the GP on the end of a fishing pole I reinforced. 13' Boom. Some were on the end of a short pole around 4' or so and you take off running behind your subject which gives a much cooler look than staying still IMO. To top it off you will get a killer workout... Haha!

The one were the camera got clipped I was starting to run and tripped. I felt the tire hit then looked at the end of the pole and the camera wasn't there. Haha! Made for a cool clip though... The ones where Kapili was jumping it was easy to position the camera right underneath him. then swing it out from under before he smashes it..

Anyway, put some cool vids together and let's see them!

check this out http://www.go-pole.com/ , may be worth lookin into if your gonna keep using those mounts and stuff

Very Nice vid. I'll try to put together something similar in the deep dark forests of the NW.

Nice but... I think my set up allows much more and cheaper... I shot a lot of those with my 13' pole from recycled fishing poles and some duct tape. Big radius can catch a lot more action than that short pole...

check this out http://www.go-pole.com/ , may be worth lookin into if your gonna keep using those mounts and stuff

That' sweet! I want to live in Hawaii! Hows the tracks there??

Really SICK VID man!!! Loved the sweet camera angles and the music went perfect with the way you edited it... The whole video was interesting for sure... You definitely get my :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That' sweet! I want to live in Hawaii! Hows the tracks there??

I'm born and raised here but I've ridden and raced some tracks in CA and to be honest the dirt was much nicer and the whole racing MX scene is more together for sure from what I seen there. I went to Washougal and I can tell you without a doubt, that place was incredible for MX compared to here. Then I see the other tracks on youtube etc and we don't got nothing with loam like that here to race on. Dirt here gets hard pack and super fine powder dusty. When it gets wet, all that dust becomes spooge then ice slippery. Best days are if we luck out and get decent rain but not to hard all night then dry the race day.

For just grass roots MX racing Hawaii can be really fun with pretty cool track layouts... Nothing to fancy but a couple minutes away from the mecca of surfing beaches. If you wanna get serious about MX stay there because the competition is all there and sooo many more races to choose from there. For trail stuff Hawaii has lots of slippery, technical stuff and not so much open easy stuff. IMO, for dirt bike riding in Hawaii the ideal thing is if you're into technical trail. THAT is what we have in spades.

I'm born and raised here but I've ridden and raced some tracks in CA and to be honest the dirt was much nicer and the whole racing MX scene is more together for sure from what I seen there. I went to Washougal and I can tell you without a doubt, that place was incredible for MX compared to here. Then I see the other tracks on youtube etc and we don't got nothing with loam like that here to race on. Dirt here gets hard pack and super fine powder dusty. When it gets wet, all that dust becomes spooge then ice slippery. Best days are if we luck out and get decent rain but not to hard all night then dry the race day.

For just grass roots MX racing Hawaii can be really fun with pretty cool track layouts... Nothing to fancy but a couple minutes away from the mecca of surfing beaches. If you wanna get serious about MX stay there because the competition is all there and sooo many more races to choose from there. For trail stuff Hawaii has lots of slippery, technical stuff and not so much open easy stuff. IMO, for dirt bike riding in Hawaii the ideal thing is if you're into technical trail. THAT is what we have in spades.

wow thanks for all the info! yeah definatly better mx (and dirt) here on the mainland.