Sign in to follow this  

Tomahawk Retreads

Has anyone tried these T1 or T3 remolds on their sm lately?Are they as greasy as they were years ago?I've read mixed testimonials on them.They seem like a good value at $77 shipped for a front and $83 for a rear.My only interest in them is for commuting.So which of you has served as guinea pigs?

http://www.motorubber.com/categories/T1/

http://www.motorubber.com/categories/T3/

I dunno. I expect alot out of my tires, so saving a couple bucks on retreads just isn't something that I would be willing to do. The savings wouldn't even come close to covering the cost of not being able to trust my tires, and how that would diminish the joy of riding.

But that's just me.

I've seen mixed reviews on them. I am happy with road II's and III's so I wouldn't bother. You're not doing super high speed or anything so it might be worth a try. As long as you don't set too high an expectation.

Several people on the Z1000 forum were running them.

many say the stock dunlop d208sm's are crap but i bought several of them for $49.95 when they went on closeout a couple of years ago and they are just fine for commuting and spirited riding.a little slick when cold but nothing outrageous.i'm down to my last one and am looking for something comparable.didn't know if tomahawk improved their line or not.maybe they're just suited for heavy liter bikes?

For he same price you could get new Shinko's I know a lot of riders don't think they perform but as a repeat buy I would recommend them to a commuter no problem. I got my last set Podiums shipped for $138.

If you go cheap go shinko on the lighter bikes. I have the 006's front/back and they do well. Strangely confidence inspiring rain traction. I have 4000 miles on mine and I think it has 1500 left by the looks of it. I've ridden aggressively off road and hopped some serious logs, and dragged a peg on the street.

If you go cheap go shinko on the lighter bikes. I have the 006's front/back and they do well. Strangely confidence inspiring rain traction. I have 4000 miles on mine and I think it has 1500 left by the looks of it. I've ridden aggressively off road and hopped some serious logs, and dragged a peg on the street.

damn!!!!! i have 1700 miles on my 006's and im starting the process of considering my next set, i figured i have a max of 1k left at most if i keep it cool