xr650l motor

I have a 1994 xr650l whith a clean vin but will not be able to title it in our state(florida)It is like the bike was never titled anywhere.Anyway I was thinking of parting it out instead of buying a frame with a title.Was wondering what the motor would be worth with less than 3000 miles on it. This was going to be a project bike but after having it for 7 years I don't have the time or intrest.

I have the same issue with a 94 in my garage with no title. The VIN is clean, but DMV will not release the registered owners info so I can "sell it" under the abandoned vehicle laws in hawaii. Long story short, I filed for a business license as a towing company so I can get the info. Once I have that, I send out a registered letter and run an ad for a day in the newspaper - and can then claim the bike as mine and get a good title for it.

It takes a little leg work but you can get a title one way or another.

another member in the same state has a titled frame they are offering to sell me which is great. Our DMV here would try to contact the original registered owner if they could find one, but there is no record for one in our state. I have also used one of the national places to find out if it has ever had an owner registered anywhere in the US. No record but the vin on the bike comes back legit. It is like it was never titled or registered anywhere .I also can't talk to the person I bought the bike from( I got a bill of sale and ran vin to check if it was stolen) befor I bought it becuase they were killed in Iraq about a year after I bought it. It looks like this might work out anyway with the other member and the frame they want to sell I am looking foward to taking a look at it. Thanks for the reply though

another member in the same state has a titled frame they are offering to sell me which is great. Our DMV here would try to contact the original registered owner if they could find one, but there is no record for one in our state. I have also used one of the national places to find out if it has ever had an owner registered anywhere in the US. No record but the vin on the bike comes back legit. It is like it was never titled or registered anywhere .I also can't talk to the person I bought the bike from( I got a bill of sale and ran vin to check if it was stolen) befor I bought it becuase they were killed in Iraq about a year after I bought it. It looks like this might work out anyway with the other member and the frame they want to sell I am looking foward to taking a look at it. Thanks for the reply though

Here they would just want to inspect it before plating.

I still need to find out if my XL600R comes up clean. It hasn't been titled or ridden in 7 years.

:thumbsup:

I'll buy the motor from you.

TNT, if it has ever been titled there will be a history somewhere more than llkely.My first search in our state showed nothing. Thats why I did a national search. It is possible for the bike to be tiitled in another state. The last person to ever have had the bike titled will show. Some states can not give you the name of the person but they will send a registered letter to them about trying to get lost title. i had a clean vin, no liens and not reported stolen, vin number was legit to bike but no record of it being title anywhere. So no owner to contact.

Pwr. If for some reason the frame deal does not work out, Which I hope and think it will I will give you first shot. I am going to meet up on this Sunday.I will post one way or another.

Good lord pops............you starting a herd of L`s........we`re going to have to send you to pigs annonomous if you keep it up,,you definately got a sickness:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:ride:

B

Edited by brianhare
Good lord pops............you starting a herd of L`s........we`re going to have to send you to pigs annonomous if you keep it,,you definately got a sickness:thumbsup:

:D

B

I think he might need wild pigs anonymous. :thumbsup:

I want to know more about his creations. :banana:

Hey pwrpapa,

I have one on the way to CW..... Have him build it for ya!