Sign in to follow this  

cr250r bogging problems

Could be jetting. Check the easiest things first. Check to see if the powervalve operates correctly, check the reeds and check/clean your carb and jets. What does the spark plug look like after it bogs? Also, double check your trans fluid to make sure you aren't losing any as well.

thank you helps alot the fuel was mixed richer b4 so i think one could be clogged and it looks a little fouled but i know i mix it right

and how should the power valve operate

Remove the left side powervalve cover. Start the bike. Line should be on the L at idle. Start giving it gas, it should turn to H. If this does not happen, you need to check out the powervalve.

Remove the left side powervalve cover. Start the bike. Line should be on the L at idle. Start giving it gas, it should turn to H. If this does not happen, you need to check out the powervalve.

he's got an 03

he's got an 03

Ahh yes, but same basic principle on checking if it works or not. If you pull the PV cover on the left side, fire up the bike and rev it...if it's working you'll see the the buttefly spin counter clockwise and clockwise as the revs drop.

i realy doubt its the power valve if he wacks the throttle and it immediately bogs, im thinking thats a pilot jet issue. if he doesn't notice is so much in the lower gear its because it doesnt take but a millisecond to get on to the main jet, but in the higher gears it revs slower and thus spends more time on the pilot jet. just my 2 cents, and yes i have been drinking :thumbsup:

i realy doubt its the power valve if he wacks the throttle and it immediately bogs, im thinking thats a pilot jet issue. if he doesn't notice is so much in the lower gear its because it doesnt take but a millisecond to get on to the main jet, but in the higher gears it revs slower and thus spends more time on the pilot jet. just my 2 cents, and yes i have been drinking :thumbsup:

jetting is based on throttle position, not rpm.