Sign in to follow this  

looking for a jug ... 2001 cr250r

was wondering if anyone could help me out .. i tore down my top end today and come to find out something must have gotten in through my intake and scored the snot out of my piston and cylinder , so now im in need of a jug or can i bore it out and get a sleeve ? im sure just buying a new jug will be cheaper right ? this is my first top end rebuild and my financial situation is stopping me from just doing it the right way and getting it done correctly . so please if someone has a jug they can sell me fairly cheap .. something i dont need to work on i can just bolt it on and goo that be great .. or if someone has some advice for me .. thanks !!!

how much does replating usually go for ? i was told i could get away with just putting a sleeve in bu like i said this is my first top end rebuild so im learning

don't put a steel sleeve in there, just get it bored and replated. the price difference between the two shouldn't be much, but i never had one sleeved so i am not sure.

Do a Google search for millennium in Wisconsin or lanqcourt in Alabama

I have used both and for about $ 200.00 it is the best way to go.

don't put a steel sleeve in there, just get it bored and replated. the price difference between the two shouldn't be much.

+1

Plus, a plated cylinder will last a lot longer than a sleeve. A sleeve will have to be bored out each time you do a new top end and will eventually need to be replaced.

how much does replating usually go for ? i was told i could get away with just putting a sleeve in bu like i said this is my first top end rebuild so im learning

Unless you have a connection, sleeving is going to cost you the same as it would to get your cylinder replated. Send it to Millenium tech and have them replate it back to stock bore. Get it done right this time and it will cost less money in the long run. Steel sleeves are an old technology and are not as reliable as plating.

ok thanks alot guys i will check it out .. i was thining of just buying a good used jug off ebay or something or if i can find someone round my area who might have one ... if i can get away with that and get one for a good price i can just swap all my parts off my jug like my reeds and everything onto the new one i buy and call it a day ..

re-plate . us chrome, power seal, ml-tc, lancourt, any one of those will do ... get a new piston to send in with the cylinder or eles they won't do it ( at least it won't be right) the cylinder is sized to the piston you send !

if i was you i would go to eric gorr .com and under garage sale he has a 265 kit for under 600 i beleave ....i wish i did that cylinder and head are ported the heads squish has been set for the 265