2009 KX250F Chain and Sprockets Recommendation

Hi,

I bought a 2009 KX250F Monster Edition recently with very low hours, and it still has the stock chain and sprockets. The chain is pretty stretched now, I've only put about 2 hours on the bike since I got it and the difference is noticeable compared to when I bought it.

I've read that people are going to a 13 / 49 sprocket setup so that's what I'm planning, but I would like some feedback on what sprockets and chain I should go with.

I'm looking for an o-ring chain for lower maintenance, and I'd like it to be gold just because I find that looks good.

Anyone have recommendations for fairly inexpensive, high quality chains that fit the above description? I was looking at the Gold RK 520xso rx-ring chain, anyone have experience with it?

Also, I was thinking of Renthal Sprockets front and rear, 13 / 49. Anyone know how these hold up? Any recommendations for less expensive but just as good sprockets?

So far I'm loving this bike!

Thanks guys!

iv used DID,RK,renthal,and pro tapers chains..

so far the pro taper chain is my favorite, just seems to be the strongest and doesnt stretch and wear out as quick.

i like the renthal sprockets but they wear down to fast for me, i used vortex front and rear last season and they held up incredibly well.

Thanks. Which Pro Taper chain specifically are you using, and is it an o-ring chain?

Thanks

I started this season with a regular RK chain. Had to adjust it every ride. Then rode a mud race at a track that has very strange hard dirt and the chain seized.

I did not have the strength to push the bike by hand! Like 10 links were kinked up, no matter how much we loosened the chain and cleaned and lubed it. The chain could not be straightened out! I´ve never seen that happen before.

I ordered a D.I.D. VM 520 X-ring chain and slapped on. Adjusted it once, and really can´t notice a difference. They are available in gold too.

vmSeriesEnduro.jpg

^ i have seen chains kink up. your chain lube failed you. i wire brush and lube before every moto. wd-40 the chain once in a while also

You´re probably right, I had just started to use some light lube (similar to WD-40) and sprayed the chain before every moto and wiped off the excess with a rag.

I hope the sealed chain will last with this light lube, because it´s so way less messy this way. The chain attracts no dirt and grime.

r u riding mx or enduro? i do not use oring chains for mx. i use did er2 or rk rmz top of the line chains and what ever sprokets are on sale. just picked up tag sprokets from moto sport for under $40. i run 13/49 or on big tracks 13/48

Mostly motocross, but some sandy tracks that eat chains. That's why I was leaning toward an o-ring chain.

renthal sprockets with D.I.D oring chain, i use maxima chain wax its fling resistant, oring chain safe and holds good and doesnt hold alot of dirt

Do you notice a difference with the o-ring chain in terms of less power? I hear they cause more drag but I'm wondering if it's even noticeable?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm leaning toward the Pro Taper Gold XRC Chain. It seems solid and affordable for an x-ring chain.