Moving to Petaluma.. Where to ride?

Ill be moving from Australia to Petaluma next year some time just wondering is there many places to ride dirtbikes legally? and how big is the sport up there...I'm not interested in mx tracks just enduro loops, trail riding etc...

Thanks

Best riding anywhere that is if you like single tracks through the forrest and lots of people to show you around. ? hit me up when you get here I'll show you around.

Sweet that's great to hear! Ill be in Petaluma in 4 weeks time for a holiday, if thats the case im going to try rent a bike for a day to dud it out and tell my aussie mates how much they missed out!

I'll take you up on that offer no doubt! Cheers

Sweet that's great to hear! Ill be in Petaluma in 4 weeks time for a holiday, if thats the case im going to try rent a bike for a day to dud it out and tell my aussie mates how much they missed out!

I'll take you up on that offer no doubt! Cheers

Petaluma just down the road from me. Let me know when you get here. You can use my wife's 150 it will get you around.

Humbug-SCAM's a good site but there only a few of us that post in the dirt section.

Unfortunately most legal dirt riding is at least an hour away. Fortunately its worth the drive ? The places most ridden by folks up here are:

Cow Mtn - 1 hr give or take

Mendocino NF - aka Middle Creek/Penny Pines/CC Camp - 2 hrs give/take

Stonyford - 3 hrs

Check the where to ride section here on TT for links/location/etc...

Lots of great supermoto roads up here as well.

Let us know when you get settled in, I live about 10min north of Petaluma.

If your bike is plated, check out motherlodedualsport.com. Come ride the sierras with us. We know all the good stuff. All day rides with tons of singletrack. We tend to stay away from the hacked out ohv areas. Not a club, just guys who like to ride...........a lot.

Yeah, but riding with Toneman makes up for it

That's true. But seeing him on that ktm is like seeing a grasshopper mounting a ladybug. ??:ride:

First thing, check to see if your bike is red or green sticker. Green sticker rides year round and red sticker does not.

This is about the best riding location website i have found.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/

Where we ride is red sticker year around

It's funny I'm not to bothered about immigrating or having to start from the bottom again (work-wise that is), my main concern was that I would have somewhere to ride and It looks lie I will! Traveling an hour or two is no problem most state forests here are in and around the same distance away.

Thanks for the offer of the 150 you blokes are too good

It's funny I'm not to bothered about immigrating or having to start from the bottom again (work-wise that is), my main concern was that I would have somewhere to ride and It looks lie I will! Traveling an hour or two is no problem most state forests here are in and around the same distance away.

Thanks for the offer of the 150 you blokes are too good

?

That's true. But seeing him on that ktm is like seeing a grasshopper mounting a ladybug. :ride:?:ride:

You shoulda seen him on that ol' XR500...?

BTW, that bike in my first post? That's The same KTM Tony's got now...

I have a drz 400s you could use if you would

Like to ride something a little bigger. I can do

Weekend rides and I know cow and middlecreek

Pretty well. Just let me know a week in advanced

When you would like to ride so I can make plans.

RM Newbie,

If that Humbug feller offers to lead you around, he probably will need to stop frequently to change his depends diapers. He is getting pretty old and has trouble with most of his bodily functions. Heck, his Mrs. probably has to help him up on his scoot so he can ride!??:banana:

RM Newbie,

If that Humbug feller offers to lead you around, he probably will need to stop frequently to change his depends diapers. He is getting pretty old and has trouble with most of his bodily functions. Heck, his Mrs. probably has to help him up on his scoot so he can ride!?:lol::banana:

Ya know, the only reason some people open their mouth is to adjust their foot- never ceases to amaze me...

60 years old, just got back from spending the day at FH...

Mark, did I miss anything worthwhile on TV today? ?:(