Have you been cought riding in Connecticut tell us your story.

Lets face it connecticut is not a atv or dirtbike friendly state. We have only one low hassle place to ride dirtbikes and no place to ride atvs. In ct you need to have plates on your atv and no place to ride them. We have lots of trails and 45? state parks but the state simply will not give us off roaders atv and dirtbike riders the time of day.

Mind you i have no problem paying to ride some place and obeying the rules but ct will not work with the riders to provide a off road area

So screw it we ride anyway and get chased its a way of life for most if not all of us living in ct.

Mind you me and all of my riding buddies don't litter, stay on the trails, show every one we see on the trail respect by stopping and giving them the right of way, and have mostly quite exhausts.

When the law shows up its a different story we RUN because the dep and water athority will nail your ass to the wall.

I got pinched wheelin my truck in 2003 at what we call mt pisga of pisga rd in durham between rt 77 and 79. Dep walked up to us trying to un stuck my friends truck. He took our pictures and gave us $100 tickets.

So share your story so we can be prepared.

Same here in Western Md. ( AKA the communist state) We have even lobbyed the state gov't asking them to open up the vast trail system to ATV's and Dirt Bike riders ala Hatfield and McCoys trail system. One fellow rider even had the whole proposal down on paper and hand carried it to a few state senators. It was a win, win for both sides. We get a riding spot and they make a killing on permit fees. Still , no dice.

This rediculous state would rather make a few grand a year catching a few unlucky riders and fining them. rather than charging a few thousand riders $150-$200 a year for a permit to ride the state trails.

The NRP ( Natural Resource Police) are in charge of busting our balls on the trails. They even go so far as to wait on the trails that are miles up in the mountains away from everyone and listen for bikes. Once they hear someone riding their way they tip over their quad and act as if they had an accident and are hurt. Once you stop to help they whip out the ticket book.. ( I'm not joking, theyt have really done this)

So, The way we figure is this. If they don't want to make a boatload of money allowing us to ride we will simply ride the trails anyway without paying for a yearly permit. If we do happen to get caught and slapped with a $500+ fine, well, we will just consider thast as paying our back dues for the years we have ridden there..

BTW- I have ridden these trails for 25 yrs now. My current steed is a 2008 YZ 250 2t decked out for the woods and currently race in the A-class at various local races. As do most of my riding buddies. The NRP are usually on POS Polaris quads.... I'm not saying we are the fastest ever on these trails but..... Good luck catching us on a quad!!....

I hear ya brother. CT does the same play dead bs too. The only way the will catch me is if i crash or break down!

COMMUNISTIC, MARXIST & FASCIST state of AS$HOLEPOLITICIAN-CHUSETTS HERE. Wow I am surprised about MD., but CT I could figure. On the east coast of Ma. nothing, just a bunch of tight wadd horse riding whiners, or nature walking dog-crapping yuppies who hated( recess back in school) and didn't want to get dirty...kind-of neighborhood I live in. No I will not move out of here for them, I will force my voice at them and their ultra-liberal ways, to make them uncomfortable in my presence. We do have a few local excellent tracks around within a hour or two though. It is very ridiculous that a man cant just throw his leg over his ride and hit the woods without some form of a liberal politician's taxational punishment.

Lets face it connecticut is not a atv or dirtbike friendly state. We have only one low hassle place to ride dirtbikes and no place to ride atvs. In ct you need to have plates on your atv and no place to ride them. We have lots of trails and 45? state parks but the state simply will not give us off roaders atv and dirtbike riders the time of day.

Mind you i have no problem paying to ride some place and obeying the rules but ct will not work with the riders to provide a off road area

So screw it we ride anyway and get chased its a way of life for most if not all of us living in ct.

Mind you me and all of my riding buddies don't litter, stay on the trails, show every one we see on the trail respect by stopping and giving them the right of way, and have mostly quite exhausts.

When the law shows up its a different story we RUN because the dep and water athority will nail your ass to the wall.

I got pinched wheelin my truck in 2003 at what we call mt pisga of pisga rd in durham between rt 77 and 79. Dep walked up to us trying to un stuck my friends truck. He took our pictures and gave us $100 tickets.

So share your story so we can be prepared.

Its happen to all the blue states , lib-tree huggers closing roads and trails. We have a place behind my house called Honda Valley,been closed for some time now.Was a great place to ride.When they closed it they had police on dual sports but they keep having get offs while chasing dirt bikes:smirk: so that plan was put on hold .Now they have helicopters but very limited because of the economy to when they can fly. We still have places to ride here so its not that bad yet but I can see this BS coming are way to in the future. I guess we can all become outlaw riders and form a club.:thumbsup:

NJ's bad too. Dude in my town got nabbed riding on some old closed down brick factory that peeople have been riding at for years. Was with his son. They impounded the bikes and gave them hefty fines. I can't believe how much effort they put into doing this sort of BS rather than something much more productive from the law enforcement standpoint.

Or you could jsut ride legal places and not give the sport a bad name with illegal riding?

Or you could jsut ride legal places and not give the sport a bad name with illegal riding?

BINGO! ajd187 - thay are there own problem! like when cancer is pissed, that it killed the host (and then dies because it killed the host and/or it's sellf)

and dont you think that there people are out there copying this, just to close you down? it could be them,,,

- like when your riding off road and you see a atv on its side, you stop to check and its them! or zip lines, chain lines, booby traps only to keep deer out! but it's your neck! good luck? :thumbsup:

- Realy, get a legal place to ride, REALY! you bumb @&& you make are insurance go up, make all of us look BAD! YOU ARE THE CANCER!!!

- when you get a pass, any pass to ride, you are telling them, you like to ride, that you are into what they are doing,,, now you/they have a voice,,,

maybe if you slow down and ask they would give you a "right-of-way"

- but you must be Royalty, as if law dose not apply to you? :ride:

lets see 1 place to ride offroad bikes for the whole state and atvs can't ride there.

Worry about your own state cause you now nothing about the bs in mine

BINGO! ajd187 - thay are there own problem! like when cancer is pissed, that it killed the host (and then dies because it killed the host and/or it's sellf)

and dont you think that there people are out there copying this, just to close you down? it could be them,,,

- like when your riding off road and you see a atv on its side, you stop to check and its them! or zip lines, chain lines, booby traps only to keep deer out! but it's your neck! good luck? :thumbsup:

- Realy, get a legal place to ride, REALY! you bumb @&& you make are insurance go up, make all of us look BAD! YOU ARE THE CANCER!!!

- when you get a pass, any pass to ride, you are telling them, you like to ride, that you are into what they are doing,,, now you/they have a voice,,,

- but you must be Royalty, as if law dose not apply to you? :ride:[/quote

Dude are you for real? your from ohio what do you know about ct? We have tried and tried again the state will not work with us riders they just keep giving us the runaround. Its us vs them and we loose everytime no matter what we do so screw them we ride anyway and we are the best woods in the country cause we need to be or else we get busted. We want a legal place but you can't get blood from a stone.

Well, then you show me where those places are in my area and I will be there. If you read my post you would see that we tried everything in the book to get a legal riding area to begin with.

How are we giving the sport a bad name anyway? We are riding miles from any home or private property. We ride Way back in the mountains on trails that have been there for decades. Hell, you can't even hear us from any houshold when we are riding.

- but you must be Royalty, as if law dose not apply to you? :ride:[/quote

Dude are you for real? your from ohio what do you know about ct? We have tried and tried again the state will not work with us riders they just keep giving us the runaround. Its us vs them and we loose everytime no matter what we do so screw them we ride anyway and we are the best woods in the country cause we need to be or else we get busted. We want a legal place but you can't get blood from a stone.

- Yes I am for real,,, there is no real legal place in North East Ohio, and New York has the same thing as CT, most of the riders that ride in the Allegheny National Forest PA, are from New York and Ohio,,, I drive/trailer my bike to PA to ride, two hour drive to ride, Winter 31 hrs to AZ to ride.

- just because you buy a kayak, does not mean you can float it in your neighbor's swimming pool, take it to a river and use it,,,

- and what have you done to help? you say we and us ? vs them, what group and/organization are you with?

-and by the way it's "Blood from a Turnip" or "Water from a Stone" but when your "the best woods rider" because your a riding outlaw, you can say what you want,,,:ride:

Well, then you show me where those places are in my area and I will be there. If you read my post you would see that we tried everything in the book to get a legal riding area to begin with.

How are we giving the sport a bad name anyway? We are riding miles from any home or private property. We ride Way back in the mountains on trails that have been there for decades. Hell, you can't even hear us from any houshold when we are riding.

- if you look at the "were to ride" in this forum : there was seven for Mayland and seven for Connecticut, legal places to ride. Google them and you will find more,,,

- if you look at the "were to ride" in this forum : there was seven for Mayland and seven for Connecticut, legal places to ride. Google them and you will find more,,,

Ha !!! again , everyones riding situations are different. The links you referred to that are close to me ( within 3 hours) are ALL CLOSED ! not to mention when Savage River and Green Ridge State Forests trails were open they were a joke. flat smooth fireroads that were shared with everyone from mountain bike riders to hikers with strollers.

But, of course they were shut down to "Motorized Vehicles"

Also, we used to have a very nice riding area that was an old rail road track area that ran for miles. It had very nice variations of riding terrainthat was out of earshot from any housing development. It was nothing to ride there on the weekends and and see 200+ riders and families enjoying their ATV's or bikes. It was a family atmosphere with many kids with their parents all riding and having a good time.

Well, it was shut down and turned into a F'n walking trail. Now, instead of 200+ people/families enjoying the area they get about 30 or so a weekend . But, they are the "right people" that the state of md. want enjoying the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegheny_Highlands_Trail_of_Maryland

Sucks to hear you have no places to ride... We are lucky here in BC the government and clubs pitching in to build trails.

- Yes I am for real,,, there is no real legal place in North East Ohio, and New York has the same thing as CT, most of the riders that ride in the Allegheny National Forest PA, are from New York and Ohio,,, I drive/trailer my bike to PA to ride, two hour drive to ride, Winter 31 hrs to AZ to ride.

- just because you buy a kayak, does not mean you can float it in your neighbor's swimming pool, take it to a river and use it,,,

- and what have you done to help? you say we and us ? vs them, what group and/organization are you with?

-and by the way it's "Blood from a Turnip" or "Water from a Stone" but when your "the best woods rider" because your a riding outlaw, you can say what you want,,,:thumbsup:

Us the riders and offroaders vs the state and dep. And yes I am a mother ****ing outlaw but not by choice. I pay too much in taxes to load my atv truck or bike to drive to another state.

Agree 100%. Where i ride is far away from any houses and the trails have been there for 50+ years. I use the moutian biker mentality when on my dirtbike or atv and respect everyone who shares the trail by giving them the right of way.

BANGO --- What these foolish non-New Eng dont know is that we are not out like their " cancer " minds are , we are trying to get out their for our rights and freedoms. We all pay the TAXES , and FEE'S and the ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS , the SHIPPING COSTS and the REGISTRATION F#(kn FEE TO GET WHAT ? , a ticket ? an impoundment ? a flippn arrest ? All because some DONKEY liberal cries because they dont want mud splashed up on their new $ 187.00 hiking boots !

So BINGO go play with their rules and abide, we New Eng's will risk playing by ours ! and like I said before I pay every time I take my 3 sons to the local tracks adding up to about $ 100.00 for entry, $ 30.00-$ 75.00 for fuel, $ 25.00-$ 45.00 for food, so rule-follower, since I try to ride once a week with my sons, it costs an average of $ 170.00 a POP !

So once again BINGO It would be nice to step out and saddle-up, get muddy and come home for lunch, then saddle-up and do it again, near home ! COST EFFECTIVE WAY

oh yeah $ 4 bucks a Gal., nice economy !

If you are riding illegally, you are a problem. It's illegal and your excuses about "I don't have anywhere to ride and I should" are a bunch of crap. By gonig places you shouldn't go you give the sport a bad image when someone sees you there.

I don't live in CT, but I live in NY which has ZERO public riding areas other then crappy fire roads four hours from me. What did I do? I found a club that owns land, busted my butt, and got into it. Now I can ride there whenever I want, legally.

It costs too much to travel? Give me a freaking break. You already have spent the money on a bike, gear, and a truck or trailer. If you now can't afford to travel to ride, but live in an area when you have to, then you can't afford the sport.

- When I play with their rules, and abide, I have a voice. you need to get it together, your cutting of your nose despite your face. have you taken the liberal's out for a ride to show them how fun it is to get mud on there $187.00 boots, or are you just crying about your cost of the sport? your approach is dogmatic and will not work,,,

- the wind said to the sun, I can make that persion take off his coat, the sun said go for it! The wind started to blow and blow, and the harder the wind blew, the harder the man would hang on to his coat. The sun said may I try? OK said the wind, the sun came out, nice and warm, the man removed his coat to enjoy the sun, get it ? Get them into what your doing.

- most people do not like hunters, in fact duck hunters are the only reason why there is swamps and ducks not shopping malls, the very people that kill the ducks had wisdom to save them and the land for there sport! and they would not have the voice without administrative and all that BS!