first time wearing a chest protector and...

bought a new protector saturday and this was the first night using it.got to the pit and was running about 2 hours,jumping and feeling confident.decided to try a little jump off the top of a downslope and only had a short run up but when the bike hit it it shot straight up in the air.Landed about 10' down the hill way back on the rear tire,I knew she was comming back the sec I hit the jump.She rolled to the left before comming back on me,I skid another 10' on my back and could hear the rocks scraping the protector.I was glad I had it on or I would have been digging rocks out of my back.Ended up bending the bars and must have hit my bicep on something as its bruised and swollen,managed to ride it back to the truck but wouldn't been able to continue messing around.Thats all the damage I did,all I was worried about was my new pipe,first thing I checked even before I checked myself.This is my 3rd wipeout so far on this bike and so far no major damage.

Protective gear is very important and this guy, Cam, is a crazy azz. He did the Superman one race. He's an A rider so there was no worries of him crashing. he wasn't riding all that fast. Just fast enought to stay in 1st.

167287_195999177082020_100000158178262_866748_4214325_n.jpg

can barely lift my arm today,guess i'm off the bike for a week at least.Need to get the bars straightened out anyways.I have a hugh bruise and a knob on my bicep but the protector did its job great.I was one of those guys who had a pairs of boots and that was it,didn't want anything else,now I see its necessory to have the gear and thankfull I did.Now thinking I may get more.Still can't understand how the bike got that much traction off a small jump in the sand,right off the jump it was vertical,only thing I can figure is I gassed it too much because of the short approach.

I think many of us shake off the cobwebs, then yell, "MY BIKE!" and worry about it. :ride:

I think that statement holds true for 100% of any true to life dirt bike rider unless we are unconscious it's all about if the bike is okay or not......?

I have a hugh bruise and a knob on my bicep but the protector did its job great.

I have come to put street bike riders who don't wear helmets in the same category with off roaders who don't wear chest protectors.

Glad you had one on. That was great timing for sure!

I think that statement holds true for 100% of any true to life dirt bike rider unless we are unconscious it's all about if the bike is okay or not......?

I always watch as some guys hopping away from his bike because their uterus hurts them ...broken collarbones/ribs, I dont give a f..."Pick up the Fing bike!" is what I always scream as they limp away, I'm famous for that, ask my kids. lol

I always watch as some guys hopping away from his bike because their uterus hurts them ...broken collarbones/ribs, I dont give a f..."Pick up the Fing bike!" is what I always scream as they limp away, I'm famous for that, ask my kids. lol

i've had to sit a few seconds to regain breath and shake it off, but i'd never leave my bike lying around liek that, not only is it stupid its outright dangerous for all others on teh trail/track. at least yell for someone to come help, if you can't move it yourself instead of put others in danger. :/ yell harder, sikmajik!?

its funny cause I now remember reading on here the guy said its now if the 250 will throw you off its when and how bad.At the time I was thinking if you have good throttle control and wasn't reckless then why would you get thrown off any bike.3 crashes later I now understand what he was talking about,the 250 2 stroke is a beast and it will catch you off guard when your not expecting it no matter how good you are.