XRR or XRL

so i have tough choice to make here in a few weeks, I'm finaly going to be leaving for college and the apartment I'm moving into is only going to let me take 2 vehicals. So should i take my 08 650L or my plated 00 650R?

choices... choices, advice?

Take the L, it's a better commuter bike..

so i have tough choice to make here in a few weeks, I'm finaly going to be leaving for college and the apartment I'm moving into is only going to let me take 2 vehicals. So should i take my 08 650L or my plated 00 650R?

choices... choices, advice?

Plated XR650R Definitely :thumbsup:

well it depends... if you need to haul a lot of crap on it take the L, if you just want a plated dirt bike take the R.

wait.. better yet. ditch the car and keep both :thumbsup:

my big thing is i like the seat of the pants feel of the 650r, but that magic button is hard to give up

Take whichever bike YOU like the best.

If I were offering advice though, it would be this: I tried to chain a dirtbike up in back of my dorm when I was in school... hmmm ride :ride:or study:banghead:?... didn't end so well.:thumbsup:

def. the R

I find my self in a spot like yours only I'm not sure which one I should buy. I want a plated R I think. But a magic button sounds good! Naw it really doesn't . I think you should take the L and give me the R for free! Opinions! Opinions! Mine is the best.

Very tough call and I'm tempted to tell you to leave the toys home. There are several reasons which you'll understand more once you have been through college.

Or, take the bike and leave the car at home. I like the L since I have one, but a buddy has the R and I can see the attraction there.

Depending on how far away the other bike will be you could rotate them. But there are times when bikes and college don't mix.

Find a hot chick with a garage near your apartment and keep the other one there. :ride:

Then you will have lots of choices for which one you want to ride. :ride:

No matter which way you decide rboe is right; school will suffer no matter what. I kept my KX500 in the back of my truck when I went to college the first time. It was open land (abandoned mining area) right past the end of the library parking lot. What do you think I did from 10am on no matter what classes I had scheduled if it was a nice day outside? Great at the time. Paid for it later. :thumbsup:

common theme developing here... dirt bikes and school:banghead::thumbsup:

If it's not parked in a locked garage I wouldn't take either. I have kept a XR600R in my basement and would just ride it up and down the stairs. It was kept in my living room at times too. :banana:

I've seen too many bikes, scooters and cycles that are stored outside get trashed by stupid drunks.... Or stolen... :D

My daughter just graduated college and my son is in his second year. I'm just saying what I've seen or have had my kids tell me about. Some idiot even jumped up and down on my daughters car caving in the roof. :ride:

Concentrate on school and ride when you are on break or when all your work is done. :thumbsup:

You will be glad you did when you are older and making the big bucks.

:ride:

I've vote L for the ability to buddy ride a pretty lil college girl.

I've vote L for the ability to buddy ride a pretty lil college girl.

If you've got the R, then she has to wrap her legs around you in addition to her arms to hang on.:smirk:

If you've got the R, then she has to wrap her legs around you in addition to her arms to hang on.:smirk:

You don't even need a motorcycle to have that happen in college... :p

:(

You don't even need a motorcycle to have that happen in college... :smirk:

:p

so true

didn't even think about the R not having a key on it, :(

the R will get more girls than the L

I'm sure whoever steals it will enjoy the attention. :p

:smirk:

When you get her up on the back wheel i can assure you that the hot lass will be clinging on to you for her life :smirk:

When you get her up on the back wheel i can assure you that the hot lass will be clinging on to you for her life :(

I'm sure whoever steals it will enjoy that attention too. :p

:smirk: