Sign in to follow this  

how do we feel about Primary Drive ( rockymtn brand) chains

i was going to give the rocky mountain atv mc brand primary drive gold racing chain a go any one run these before hows the quality. i have heard they are made by D.I.D ... thanks

I've been very impressed with the primary drive x-ring chain I have, I will definitely buy another. Great chain for the price.

I tried one once, it lasted less than 1/2 the time as ert2 or r1 gold. It was also the only time I ever used a steel sprocket, although I don't see that wearing the chain faster.

PD gold non o-ring, holds up well for the price, a kit w/ sprockets is about 70.00.

I can get about 100 hours from the PD chains. That's a hell of a value as far as i'm concerned.

I bought a Gold X-ring chain and two sprockets for my bike, then later bought the same for my sons. We don't race, or run too hard. I've been pleased with them.

I've been very impressed with the primary drive x-ring chain I have, I will definitely buy another. Great chain for the price.

+1 :thumbsup: I didn't have good luck with the standard gold PD chain but the x-ring is holding up great.

I can get about 100 hours from the PD chains. That's a hell of a value as far as i'm concerned.

I can't get that out of Ironman sprockets with a DID xring chain. :thumbsup:

Flint sand in clay really eats things up.

PD sprockets and black o-ring chain on my Banshee working awesome.

sweet guys thanks for the feedback i think im going to go for it ! non oring as i don't have the clearance on the ol 01cr250r

I have an X ring chain, and RMA sprockets on my 450. They have been going strong for a year now and about 40 hours. I have not had any stretch yet and it still looks good. I will be buying another chain and I already have 3 sprocket sets (at $16 a piece it was cheap insurance)

I have ran the oring pd since march and its been the best chain ive bought and it was cheap too!

I've run Primary Drive X-Rings for a while now. Gave one a shot on my KDX about 4 years ago and it lasted a long time and was very affordable. I've had 5 of them on 3 different bikes since then.

I've always used nothing but Primary Drive chains and front sprockets. I have been using Renthal rear sprockets though because for the first 80 hours I had the bike I kept on forgetting what sprocket fits the hub (apparently my rear hub is different) and was having to match it up at a dealer. I would get around 20-30 hours out of a chain (the one with the holes in the side links) and sprockets riding in sand. But once the teeth started curving I would replace the set.