dr350 clutch lever is really hard to pull in?

i got a 1998 dr350 the other day, registered it today and ive been riding it on the road all day. runs good and everything but the clutch lever is really hard to pull in. the clutch doesnt slip or anything though.. any suggestions? maybe needs to be lubricated? thanks

i got a 1998 dr350 the other day, registered it today and ive been riding it on the road all day. runs good and everything but the clutch lever is really hard to pull in. the clutch doesnt slip or anything though.. any suggestions? maybe needs to be lubricated? thanks

Unhook the cable from both the hand lever and the arm on the engine case and see if the cable slides freely in the sleeve.

If it doesn't slide very easily/freely then either lube it or replace it.

If it does slide freely then perhaps it has a performance clutch or heavier clutch springs installed.

The bolt holding the clutch lever in is probably just tightened to much. Loosen the nut a little and it will probably be fine. I installed a new clutch lever the other day and at first i tightened the nut up all the way and I could barely pull the clutch lever in. I bet if you look at your brake lever there is a little play up and down.