How to make bike look shiny?

pssst, don't tell anyone, but ..... pledge. a lite spray and let it sit overnite.....

it also works great on lower fork legs. dry them off after washing then a lite coat of pledge. you can feel the difference. it only lasts for 1 ride, but its pretty cheap to do over.

Armor All cleans up a bike real nice, dust sticks too it pretty bad tho

I have used this method, it helps if you rinse the excess off with a hose, Just let it soak in for a while then rinse. I do the engine on the 85 NighthawkS, it has a black eng...I get comments all the time by folks who think it is new!

any spray polish from your local shop.. i use honda spray polish... do you use simple green or something like that when you wash your bike? if not, do so it comes out much cleaner

31sNCxxMVML_SL500_AA300_.jpg

do not use simple green on anodized parts...unless it is cleaned off quickly it can etch the anodizing. Just clean with warm soapy water after a quick power washing...then blow dry everything very well with compressed air and apply wd-40 and wipe off excess. Do not apply on seats or grips or could cause slippage..? The Honda spray on polis does well on plastics. The wd makes the next clean up easier. It stops the mud from sticking so much.

I use the Turtle Wax brand tire foam. My plastics on the bike are a little scratched where the decals aint covering.

All I do after I wash the bike after a race with LP is......after the bike drys I spray all the plastic (covering the decals and all) with the spray foam and just let it sit.

After about an hour the bike looks real shiny and has that wet look that brings out that deep color of the plastic. Dust and dirt will stick to it though when you first ride but after practice and the first moto that greasy film diminishes and is gone. When you spray the bike off the dirt and grime just melts away.

It works good for me and would recommend it.

How do you guys make your bikes look so shiny after cleaning them? I've tried tire black, but it's so messy.

If the tire black is a foam spray it should do good as far as putting a deep wet look shine to your plastics. It may have too much of greasy film though for plastics.

I use the Turtle wax brand foam spray and it has greasy film to it like most all foam sprays cause that film is what makes that deep wet shine. However I dont pile the foam up on the plastic. I just spray a fast light coat on it and let it set.

I have sprayed it on and after letting it set for about an hour take a rag and wipe the bike down. Doing it this way takes the deep wet look off but it still makes the bikes decals and plastic areas (that aren't covered by any decals) shine.