What does everyone consider two rides?

I do what I consider 4-5 rides. I ride usually thursdays and sometimes on a wednesday..always have a race on the weekend..usually one 5/6 lap practice, and 20 laps of racing 2 classes 2 motos 5 laps each moto. so we figure a half hours worth of racing total give or take every weekend..1.5 hours of general 'practice riding' where i dont really get on the pipe or throw the bike around. so 2 hours a week..sometimes more...sometimes less...but equals out about 7-9 hours total on my bike every month...now i have two bikes (selling to get the brand new ktm 250sx) but I race one full on and practice on it, keeping up on maintenance top notch and running good fluids, etc...my 125 i just don't really care about as far as investing a lot of money in an $800 bike so whenever it gets it...i guess it gets it. So every 3-4 hours I change transmission oil on the 250R. I always top off coolant, check oil level, make sure i run good gas, etc. before every ride but I'd say:

Ride,Race (or hard ride),Ride,Ride,Change transmission oil before race and so on...or about every 5 rides.....typically on a days outing I will run 1/2 tank so I'm at about 2-3 tanks on each tanks..I'd say you're good.

Sorry for writing a book:)

I think you're doing alright with the whole 2 tanks worth...pretty close to what I run.

If it looks dirty when you change it then you waited too long. It should come out looking almost clean, as long as it comes out clean you should be ok. If it looks dirty that grime is hurting your tranny.