Sign in to follow this  

California StonyFord? Busy?

So basically my fiance and i wanted to go to stonyford the 21st-24th witch is next thursday through sunday?

how busy is it over the summer because ive heard it gets real wild like a sunday at hollister hills during red sticker.

Soooo my question is it retarded busy on the weekends in the summer

Edited by Dasquriel

No. It's not. No one rides in the summer because it's too warm or too dusty and the world is full of fair weather riders. You're safe. I went there over fourth of july weekend one time and saw only one other truck in the lil' stony campground the whole time.

No. It's not. No one rides in the summer because it's too warm or too dusty and the world is full of fair weather riders. You're safe. I went there over fourth of july weekend one time and saw only one other truck in the lil' stony campground the whole time.

aint that the truth.

I was there when the weather and the dirt was perfect over the memorial day weekend, the place was mostly deserted. Friday we were completely alone at Lil' Stony, Saturday & Sunday a couple trucks showed up. I'd go there more often, but it's a 5-hour drive for me.:thumbsup::ride::ride: That's 5 hours EACH way, impossible for just a one day trip.

If you continue up the road (M 10) another 15-20 minutes to the Middle Creek campground you may be happier. It's a lot cooler and the place will be empty.

You have good acess to all the upper trails from there also.

No BIG trailers, 24' max.

Mendocino NF is not really the place to go during the summer depending on where you are coming from. Generally other options that are snowed in etc....during the parts of the year that Mendocino NF has really good conditions are open.

QUOTE=4strokeridertt;10503884]Ride early in the morning and sit in the creek and drink beer all afternoon.

:smirk:

That's 5 hours EACH way, impossible for just a one day trip.

LOL, from the SF Bay Area I've done Tahoe on a Saturday, gone home and went to Palos Verdes on Sunday to spearfish.

It is about 3.5 hours from my house to Stony. I've done it as a daytrip several times.

:smirk: