Sign in to follow this  

Washington Foggy Dew status?

Anyone have any real time / recent updates on trail and snow conditions of Foggy Dew staging out of Foggy Dew CG?

Plan on heading up there in a few weeks to get some riding in.

I imagine Deadmans pass might have some snow on it but what about Cub Lake/ Horsehead pass / Uno Peak?

Mike

Should be the same time frame as Mad River/Entiat. Sure would be fun to use a boat to link the two together and ride them both in day.

Should be the same time frame as Mad River/Entiat. Sure would be fun to use a boat to link the two together and ride them both in day.

I thought that one day as well as i looked across the lake from Foggy side.

I was over in Entiat with the family camping before heading to Sun Lakes last week. Temps were in low 90's so I imagine snow is melting fast. Just curious if anyone has actually been up there or will I be the first to find out?

Deep snow pack takes forever to burn off. I am amazed how much is still up in the lower sections of Gifford.

When you headed that way? I'm looking at early September dates.

Keep hearing that Devils Backbone is still drifted shut and a person clearing Mad River was seriously injured with a head injury over the weekend.

TONY

Deep snow pack takes forever to burn off. I am amazed how much is still up in the lower sections of Gifford.

You ao right -bottom stuff is nearly ice until it gets pretty thin.

Didnt you guys get the memo? Summers is already over...snow right around the corner now. Oh well it was good while it lasted.(lol)

Took a quick after work ride up there yesterday. I left out the Foggy Dew trail head and made it about 3 miles before it was time to turn around dew to darkness. Snow free to that point and looks like someone has been clearing logs. Not sure how high you can get currently but if the creek was any indication of snow melt I'd bet it wont be long. I'm hopping to spend some more time up that way this weekend so if I have any real beta I'll post.

Cheers John

Took a quick after work ride up there yesterday. I left out the Foggy Dew trail head and made it about 3 miles before it was time to turn around dew to darkness. Snow free to that point and looks like someone has been clearing logs. Not sure how high you can get currently but if the creek was any indication of snow melt I'd bet it wont be long. I'm hopping to spend some more time up that way this weekend so if I have any real beta I'll post.

Cheers John

Perfect!