Dietrich!?

Motocross

I've heared rumors of Ricky beating up on his gf, this true? Hope not.:thumbsup:

EDIT: I don't mean any harm to Ricky, I thought posting here would confirm what I read on another site. I honestly thought the rumor was more widely known and that someone would post up a news site or something to confirm. I didn't realize it was such a small rumor, I see now that posting it here was clearly a mistake. Apologies.

EDIT 2: Looks like a rough situation, and as far as I'm concerned now, HE IS INNOCENT

Edited by 150dirtcomber
People all fired up

Hope not, he has been doing really well and earning well deserved respect for off road riders.

Where's your source???? I'd hope not he was really putting in some good finishes in the beginning of the season.

That's a pretty nasty rumor to spread about someone.

Unless he went to jail and there is a public record, I doubt there will be any reliable source willing to confirm or deny such a rumor.

Maybe she got a little out of line, needed some straightening out..........

Just sayin-

I've heared rumors of Ricky beating up on his gf, this true? Hope not.:thumbsup:

I'm sorry, but I think this is an irresponsible post. You're slandering somebody in a public forum, based on a rumor? Not cool:thumbsdn:

hes asking a question, i dont see it as slandering

I'm sorry, but I think this is an irresponsible post. You're slandering somebody in a public forum, based on a rumor? Not cool:thumbsdn:

actually i think it would be libel as it's in print not spoken. but, seeing as he's asking if anyone else has heard the rumor or if they know if the rumor is true then he's hardly representing it as fact. it's not libelous but speculative, harmful, and probably inappropriate, but hardly illegal.

Maybe she got a little out of line, needed some straightening out..........

Just sayin-

haha..true

actually i think it would be libel as it's in print not spoken. but, seeing as he's asking if anyone else has heard the rumor or if they know if the rumor is true then he's hardly representing it as fact. it's not libelous but speculative, harmful, and probably inappropriate, but hardly illegal.

Libel/slander, it amounts to the same thing. Certainly, I agree it's not illegal.

The point is, spreading these types of rumors, no matter whether you post them as a statement or a question, is inappropriate, IMHO. The next thing you know these types of rumors take on a life of their own and become 'fact' to many. A person can be judged guilty of something in the internet court of public opinion, even though they may have done nothing wrong, at all.

The can of worms can be opened just as easily by a question as it can by a statement. Would anyone on here want to see such a question (based on RUMOR) posted about them? I think not.

I'm not saying the OP had bad intent, just maybe not the best judgement. He may not have realized how this could hurt an innocent person.

Edited by gprodick

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing. She's already been told TWICE!

She probably didn't stay in the kitchen. Shoulda put a tv in the kitchen instead of going out to watch him race.

I'm not saying the OP had bad intent, just maybe not the best judgement. He may not have realized how this could hurt an innocent person.

For real man the guy was just asking if anyone else has heard of this rumor:bonk:. His judgment should not be at question here because like so many cases before this one it is really easy to read something on the interent and wonder if it's true or not.

Dietrich is a professional mx racer which means he is a public figure which means his private life is some what an open book! Get over it!!

For real man the guy was just asking if anyone else has heard of this rumor:bonk:. His judgment should not be at question here because like so many cases before this one it is really easy to read something on the interent and wonder if it's true or not.

Dietrich is a professional mx racer which means he is a public figure which means his private life is some what an open book! Get over it!!

You just don't get it. Asking/stating it's all the same, it's spreading the rumor, a pretty nasty rumor if you ask me. I doubt the OP had malicious intent. But, it's spreading a nasty rumor all the same. Nothing illegal, but really not cool.

Agreed, why not google it instead of stating it on the WWW?

Where's your source???? I'd hope not he was really putting in some good finishes in the beginning of the season.

Multiple comments on Vurb moto

That's a pretty nasty rumor to spread about someone.

Unless he went to jail and there is a public record, I doubt there will be any reliable source willing to confirm or deny such a rumor.

A commenter said he was arrested.

Alright, back off man. 3 things: 1) I just posted his name in the title only, I didnt post "dietrich beats girlfriend" or anything. 2) I asked if anyone else has heard the rumor, i never said it was true or not READ (I hope its not obviously?) 3) I have mad respect for Ricky, but 3 different comments said the same thing, I wondered if it was true, remember that thread about jeremy Stenberg dying? The title said he already died, and it turned out not to be true. That's bad, this right here is really no big deal. I DIDNT MAKE THIS UP.

You just don't get it. Asking/stating it's all the same, it's spreading the rumor, a pretty nasty rumor if you ask me. I doubt the OP had malicious intent. But, it's spreading a nasty rumor all the same. Nothing illegal, but really not cool.

Jeez sorry, no bad intent here.

Agreed, why not google it instead of stating it on the WWW?

You can't be serious. Of course I searched around, i figured i would find out here 1st - seems news gets around these forums quick.

What am I supposed to "get" Racerxr?? This an offroad motorcycle website and this forum is very informative to all kinds of things such as RUMORS so what the hell are some of you getting all bent out of shape for since the guy just ask a simple question about a rumor WHICH SEEMS TO BE TRUE by the way. Geezz you guys need to lay off of the f'n caffeine!

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing. She's already been told TWICE!

Violence towards women is not funny.:thumbsup:

What am I supposed to "get" Racerxr?? This an offroad motorcycle website and this forum is very informative to all kinds of things such as RUMORS so what the hell are some of you getting all bent out of shape for since the guy just ask a simple question about a rumor WHICH SEEMS TO BE TRUE by the way. Geezz you guys need to lay off of the f'n caffeine!

Posting the question on here without facts or even sources is simply spreading rumor. No one is debating the truth of the content. I have no idea what Ricky did with his weekend.

Rumor's about Dungey's contract or James' intentions for MX are one thing. But, posting rumors about a guy beating up his GF are another. If you are gonna drag a guy's name through the dirt at least have the decency to quote who said it. The OP's subsequent posts and clarification do that. But personally, I would have waited for a more reliable source before posting something like this about a guy. I'm not willing to drag a potentially innocent guy's name through the dirt just so I can be the first poster.