widest front tire

i have tried to search every which way i can and i'm getting nothing...whats the widest front tire i can get betwix the forks on a "S"

I have a mt 21 pirelli 90/90 21 and theres like 1/4 inch clerance on each side..will a 3.0 fit in there?im thinking about putting a kenda k270 in there.

Why do you want to that? It will handle like a truck?

I have a 3.25 270 on the front of mine. Fits and handles fine for me.

william your a moderator and come at me like that? tsk tsk...I have the 150 terrorflex on it ...it already PULLS like a truckand sorta handles like one too.

Lots of sand up here-need the wide tires.

jtiv19 thanks for a straight answer,sounds like i'll be good with a 3.00 in there.

update i put a kenda K 270 3.00-21 on...in a word it sucks.feels drifty on the road(spongy) and off road its bad.Not as bad as the deathwings,but close.The tire cannot clean out and becomes a slick in wet sand or mud.

I thought at least it would be a nice on-road tire,but after the scorpion pro mt-21,most tires are not gonna measure up to that.

The only thing is the scorpions wore in a weird way every other knob wore off to bald while leaving the others half intact(cupped)

update i put a kenda K 270 3.00-21 on...in a word it sucks.feels drifty on the road(spongy) and off road its bad.Not as bad as the deathwings,but close.The tire cannot clean out and becomes a slick in wet sand or mud.

I thought at least it would be a nice on-road tire,but after the scorpion pro mt-21,most tires are not gonna measure up to that.

The only thing is the scorpions wore in a weird way every other knob wore off to bald while leaving the others half intact(cupped)

It took about 300 miles for my 270 to "break in" before I felt comfortable on road. Im suprised you dont like it off road. My only comparison is the deathwings so maybe thats why Im so suprised.

hmmm...i always thought a narrow front tire was best for sand.

lets it knife it's way thru it as opposed to pushing was what i thought.

similar to keeping the front end light with throttle in sand, as opposed to riding slow.

On my converted S to SM the 120 just barely fits, though I think some people have run 130 rears on it with success.

you mean on the rear dioblo? im running the 150 terraflex on the rear-3000+miles and tread looks half down so far.

I ordered a new pirelli mt 21 scorpion pro like the one thats wore out in the garage,so im going with a tire that i know works great in all conditions i ride-wich is ALL conditions-the terrain changes in a heartbeat up here.