Pro Taper Pillow Top Grips

I installed a set of these on my CRF250 a few weeks ago. I used some 3m weatherstrip adhesive along with safety wire. These things haven't move at all except for one area. Its on the throttle side at the very end of the bars. Seems as if there were some 'extra' grip that didn't have room to slide onto the bars. Basically, its like these grips are about 1/4" - 3/8" too long for the throttle tube. I've installed many grips on many bikes over the years, and never ran into this problem. When I ride, it seems as if the end of the grip is sliding around, or off the end of the bars, therefore my grip isn't as good or solid as I'd like it to be.

I noticed when I installed the grip that I really had to massage the grip up to the grip stop on the tube and througout the grips length to get all of it on the tube. I guess the end has worked its way back off just a tad.

May not be nothing, but I don't care for it. If all these grips are this long then I will have to find some other brand to use. Last 2 bikes I put these on worked fine. I definately don't want to cut the end of the grip off, or I will have to get a bar plug to cover it up.

I kno wut ur sayin. But I love these grips, got them on all my bikes even the crf50 haha

I bought those grips when i bought my bike in 2010 still have the same ones, never had a problem with the throttle side but the other side did come unglued and had to reapply. there great thought havent ripped yet