what to do for better performance

hey, i have a 05 crf250r, that i just got about a week or so ago, and i was wondering what i should do to it performance wise, and maybe a little for cosmetics. the bike is all white, and it has a full dr.D pipe.

I have the same bike in my stable and it runs great bone stock. Motor needs nothing but a competent rider. Set the suspension and twist the throttle.

That's what i thought to, but it seems kind of underpowered.

Revalve, revalve, revalve, single best mod you can do to a bike. Next make sure your bike is jetted right

13.5:1 piston and a later model (2008) R cam. Respring and reseal the valves while you are in there.

idk about that crf doc, i just got it rebuilt :'( and the suspension is fine, i like how it feels.

does a high compression piston really make a difference ?

does a high compression piston really make a difference ?

Yes...and the 2005 cam was the mildest of all the R cams. It's the cam of choice for CRF250X trail riders who want to bump up their performance a bit.

run octane booster for quick added performance i do and the throttle response is way better and you simply have more power.

run octane booster for quick added performance i do and the throttle response is way better and you simply have more power.

Octane boost does not produce more power. It actually slows down the flame spread rate and can result in less complete combustion and cause carbon buildup.

Use the lowest octane fuel that you can with out pinging.

Some "race fuels" are oxygenated and can produce more power, but octane boost in a can isn't one of them.

i already run race gas.

i have money, none of you really seem to be telling me what i want to hear.

crf doc seems to be the only one giving good advice towards something that "actually" helps with performance.

Port your head. Then have crfheads.com do there $600 head job to make the valves last. :thumbsup: Then spend some of that money you have on riding lessons so you can twist the throttle alot further.

i already run race gas.

Race gas on a stock motor is a waste of time.

i have money, none of you really seem to be telling me what i want to hear.

You could always send pro circuit your motor and let them build it.

Port your head. Then have crfheads.com do there $600 head job to make the valves last. :smirk: Then spend some of that money you have on riding lessons so you can twist the throttle alot further.

i dont need riding lessons, im probably better than you are.

:(:p:smirk:

The biggest gains for your dollars RHC 5 cam and spring kit along with a 14-1 piston .If you have the money race fuels that will make a big difference would be vp mxro1 a very clean burning fuel or the renegade sx4+ its $200 for a 5 gallon pale