Sign in to follow this  

What is the best improvement you made to your RMZ 450?

What is the best change you guys have made to your RMZ 450's?

Can be set-up for personal choice or can be performance? I just would like to hear from you guys as to what you would do again in a heart beat?

Please give the company name along with any products you bought and please give the year of your bike. I have 2011 and am trying to get it dialed for me and would like to see what guys have had the best luck with?

My 06 has been fitted with a fmf Q4 and a mega bomb header i wish i had purchased the power bomb instead which is the only thing i would change. also im running a rekuse pro. And a dual map ignition. not forgetting evans npg in the rads just to help with the heat.

Went to the gym and spent several hours on my road bike also .....2009 LOL

When I bought the 09 I put on foot pegs with a 1/2" rear set.

The moment I put on stock footpegs it felt like a completely new bike.

Sad to say but even the smallest adjustments can make the biggest different.

in order of importance and impact on ride comfort/confidence

1) suspension revalve

2) 1/2 inch rear set back foot pegs (moose racing), i have size 11 feet / 5'11''

3) recluse exp 2.0

4) seat cover (one industries)

5) yosh rd 4 exhaust

2008 RMZ 450

in order of importance and impact on ride comfort/confidence

1) suspension revalve

2) 1/2 inch rear set back foot pegs (moose racing), i have size 11 feet / 5'11''

3) recluse exp 2.0

4) seat cover (one industries)

5) yosh rd 4 exhaust

2008 RMZ 450

lol This was the worst thing I could of put on my bike. The moment I switched backed to my normal pegs it felt a world of difference.

It just throws everything off. Trust me bro, I have size 14 feet (srs) I'm 6'4. You might think moving them back is helpful but its not. Its so much harder to get upfront on the bike in the corners. Or gripping the center of the bike.

I just switch mine back to normal the other week and could not believe how much faster/control I had on the bike.

Edited by danny86

2011 RMZ 450 I put a yoshi Full system awesome sound and custon fit almost hides behind the number plate. Set of Warp 9 Wheels Black hub and spokes with Gold rims, Rethal levers, all from Windsor Motorsports in grande Prairie Alberta Canada 780-539-1666 ALso I got dialedin Suspension 780-876-9889 darryl best ever improvement.

G2 Ergonmics - throttle tamer with 400 cam

I am a C grade rider and bike just had way too much power for me, so much more manageable now and all the power still there when required, just need to twist the grip a bit more

2011 RMZ450

2008½ RMZ450 +40A Rider

1. - Suspension Revalve (DIY with help from the Dogger)

2. - Ohlins Steering Damper

3. - Works Connection Skid Plate & Radiator Braces

4. - Hand Guards

With the revalved suspension and the steering damper I can go down any rutted straight wide open with no shake or dancing. Nothing corners like a Suzuki either. Don't need more power. Don't waste your money on a pipe. Just grab another gear.