2012 crf450x - No FI

Not wrong its a big call as for most reliable thats just as big take it easy on these guys soco they all just bleed honda:thumbsup:

I know, I know. We're all guilty of brand loyalty (whish I guess is no bad thing). I bought a 450x knowing full well there were better bikes out there, but unfortunately with higher quality comes higher price. As a used bike though and for the price, the Honda was hard to beat.

Brand loyalty aside though, the 450x is showing its age. As much as I would love to own another Honda next, I couldn't justify spending 13K on a 5 year old bike, especially when other manufacturers are updating their bikes every year.

I had an 06 450x and could not steer the thing in the tight sigle trail. I now have a 2010 plated 450x and its a completley different bike.

The frame change in 08 was a winner for me. I will keep my 450x until honda make a better honda.

Ive had 11 hondas in my time and none of them have ever given me a headache and ive never had a problem i couldnt fix myself..

I know where i wil keep my money ?

I've owned two WR's and never had a single problem with either of them. I now own an 07 450x and have never had a single problem with it. I switched to the Honda because I wanted to try something different and because I like the look of the CRF, not because there was anything wrong with the Yamaha.

Most bikes are very reliable these days, it all just comes down to whether you're prepared to do the maintenance.

I will probably buy a 2012 KTM next to try something different again. On paper, it seems like a superior bike (particularly with EFI). As for reliability, you never know if you never try ?. But I'm sure it will hold up like any other bike given the correct maintenance

I had an 06 450x and could not steer the thing in the tight sigle trail. I now have a 2010 plated 450x and its a completley different bike.

The frame change in 08 was a winner for me. I will keep my 450x until honda make a better honda.

Ive had 11 hondas in my time and none of them have ever given me a headache and ive never had a problem i couldnt fix myself..

I know where i wil keep my money ?

Same goes bro my 06 is on train tracks and i want a later model as well but i need a bit more than a tripple clamp and smaller tank to sway me to get a new bike that said i'll stick wif me redwing until they come up wif something betta.

• 3 weeks later...
This is the reason that I am thinking to switch to another bike.

Basicly the 2012 X-Version is still the same as the 2006 version, so no new developments.

I thought about it, but my feeling says to stay at a Honda, so........

A new Honda CFR450X will be here soon!! :eek:

Almost had a trade for new KTM, but after one night sleep I canceled it.

FI will be nice to have I suppose but I honestly feel that the majority of people wont really notice a performance increase of course riding style and type play a factor..If a FI was available would I have bought , sure why not. I just bought an 09 off the show room floor for $5500 (and in Temecula no less) and it sits currently in stock form and I am riding with guys on 2011 "R" models on MX racks and hanging. We all want the "latest and Greatest" including and especially me but I dont feel like i am going to have any more fun on a FI bike !! at least not this year:smirk:

• 2 months later...

yamaha wr are injected already and i have a 2010 rmz 250 besides my 450x dat i also use in da woods dats things is efi and it dont have a battery it just uses coil to start da efi......... EFI is not bad on trails n wooods bike its fun also....