YZ250 at Washougal

I would love to see even displacement rule. The big difference will be in the lites, you would see some top level riders on 2T's (as long as the factory guys that still make 2Ts would allow it) and it you would also see more privateers closer to the front.....

Not needed.

James Stewart destroyed the little bike class years ago an a KX125, against all of the 250F's. Then, he finished 2nd all season in the big bikes class against Carmichael riding a KX250. He in a post race interview said he needed a 4 stroke to beat RC, but as we all know from the pages of history, that never happened.

It's still about the rider.

Not needed.

James Stewart destroyed the little bike class years ago an a KX125, against all of the 250F's. Then, he finished 2nd all season in the big bikes class against Carmichael riding a KX250. He in a post race interview said he needed a 4 stroke to beat RC, but as we all know from the pages of history, that never happened.

It's still about the rider.

Exactly, what the two strokes need is a good fuel rule.

Many people forget the AMA changed the quality of fuel they could run and that is really the reason the two strokes are at a disadvantage .

On the local level there are plenty of guys that compete well on the two strokes against the four strokes because they can run what ever fuels they want.

Shame he crashed out on the 2nd lap

No crash, just motor seized. Plain bad luck!

The reason (s) why he raced the YZ was:

A. Timing. He knew he was going to be swapping out his KX and was not sure if he would even have a bike to ride at Washougal so he signed up with his 2 stroke.

B. His YZ was setup suspension-wise for outdoor (he picked up his KX on thurs and raced it stock at PIR)

C. Two strokes are cool and whats the point of racing if you ain't having fun!

Mike did have his 2012 KX with him but AMA rules would not let him ride it for the second moto as he signed the YZ up. They would allow him to put a new motor in the YZ but unfortunately Mike had left his surplus of many spare motors that he has at home because they would have taken up sleeping space in his van! ?(Yes that was a joke)

Hopefully he will get some help for supercross season and ride that YZ in a SX race. I would love to see that on TV.

He probably bought it because its Fully Equipped and Race Ready.

Yeah,fully equipped with a sponsor! Power Motorsports supplied Mike with the new KX. The Yz is his own bike (He had to work with his dad for months to make the money to buy it).He pretty much scrapes by just to get to race (slept in his van at Washougal). That is why you only see him in the local stuff, he just plain doesn't have the dough to make it to all the races which sucks cuz I know he has the potential to go a lot faster (I've seen it). Now he has to scrape up dough to fix his seized play bike! ?

Yeah,fully equipped with a sponsor! Power Motorsports supplied Mike with the new KX. The Yz is his own bike (He had to work with his dad for months to make the money to buy it).He pretty much scrapes by just to get to race (slept in his van at Washougal). That is why you only see him in the local stuff, he just plain doesn't have the dough to make it to all the races which sucks cuz I know he has the potential to go a lot faster (I've seen it). Now he has to scrape up dough to fix his seized play bike! ?

Sounds like a guy who deserves a sponsor! Hope he can make it to the rest of the races. ?

I was there and thought he looked pretty quick during unseeded practice. I was rooting for him, he was definitely fun to watch. Bummer his bike seized.

Its like WTH, who seizes their bikes these days? Can our 2-stroke brothers catch any break? Jealous man, I wish I could have gone.

Sounds like a guy who deserves a sponsor! Hope he can make it to the rest of the races. ?

Its like WTH, who seizes their bikes these days? Can our 2-stroke brothers catch any break? Jealous man, I wish I could have gone.

It was awesome. The 250 Pro Am motos on Friday were fun to watch. Two guys riding a YZ250 and 250SX were up front both motos.

• 1 month later...