Michigan UP ride report

Has anyone done the 3 loops out of Gwinn Mi.? I plan on soon, but i must say, i am more then a little nervous with all the mud/water crossings i seen on the ops report. I'm going to be by myself, and i just plain old am not a mud rider. I'll get it dirty, just don't want to dump it, submerge it, drag it on its side to get it out, etc. I guess i'm just wondering if the mud and water crossings on the 3 loops out of Gwinn are fairly mild and not bottom less pits.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike.

Has anyone done the 3 loops out of Gwinn Mi.? I plan on soon, but i must say, i am more then a little nervous with all the mud/water crossings i seen on the ops report. I'm going to be by myself, and i just plain old am not a mud rider. I'll get it dirty, just don't want to dump it, submerge it, drag it on its side to get it out, etc. I guess i'm just wondering if the mud and water crossings on the 3 loops out of Gwinn are fairly mild and not bottom less pits.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike.

They're all good Mike. C loop has the most water crossings----all with a good base and not super deep.

Thanks a lot for the report Ride_red. It wouldn't be any fun without some challenges, but just being by myself, i don't want to get into anything i can't get out of.

Where do you get the roll charts? I think i'm just going to join their club today or tomorrow, then i'll feel a little better asking. We're busy at work, but we talked about getting me some help so i can take a couple days off. I work 4, ten hour days, so i was thinking one loop a day, i'd still want at least one day off.

Thanks again.

Mike.

Thanks a lot for the report Ride_red. It wouldn't be any fun without some challenges, but just being by myself, i don't want to get into anything i can't get out of.

Where do you get the roll charts? I think i'm just going to join their club today or tomorrow, then i'll feel a little better asking.

Once you join you'll be able to access what's needed for your ride. Have a good trip Mike.

Has anyone stayed at the red fox motel in Gwinn Mi? Is it ok? I can't seem to get 'into' their website. Just shows a picture of the place. And one other one that just had reviews, which some of the reviews were 'not so pleasant'.

Thanks.

Mike.

It was cool to see some of the spots that I've been in the past. THose long stretches of water always put the fear in me too. You never know whats under there or how deep it is until it's too late. That's why you should always be at the back of the pack, typically, I like 3 ahead of me to do the scouting before I make my attempt.:eek: