Sign in to follow this  

Arenacross setups

I'm planning on doing a lot of indoor racing this winter, and was wondering what kind of special setups you guys are doing to be competitive. I'm looking for advice with gearing, tires, suspension setup, etc. The tracks I'll be riding on are mostly hard-packed, blue-groove type stuff, with a minimal amount of loose, tacky dirt on top at the beginning of the race.

mb1 is very good @ setting up suspension for arena cross.Tuf racing makes the best 250 engines for arenacross .

I like the Kendal Millville. Sticky front tire for indoors.

I'm currently running the K771 Millville. I don't think its the sticky though. It seems to do pretty good when outdoor tracks get dry.

Kevin @ TUf Racing can tell you what you need for tires ans suspension set up hes a top 10 finisher in pro arenacross and a master @ the fair arena type races.

please can you post up what you end up doing... EG: sag numbers, comp and reb valving, gearing ratios and sprocket sizes etc...

Thats would be awesome, I have a 2011 CRF250R also

Cheers

All of that information would be avaiable from TUF racing they are the experts when it comes to running a 250 @ arenacross im sure if you purchased the sprokets and components from them they would be more than willing to give up information Kevin has tryed a lot of diferent combinations he nos what works we also have had both Jeff Gibson and Josh demuth + a number of other top riders race for the TUF team .the season starts in october this year if any one is serious we can also build there engines but we need time.The suspension is seriously diferent from out door suspension so it really needs to be changed.

Thanks for that Ron,

I live in Perth, Australia and I'm not Pro or anything special, so Im not wanting to spend lots of money and send heads etc to America. Im just looking for some guidance on gearing and bike setup/suspension. I heard that going up about 3 teeth on the rear sprocket helps stay in about 3rd gear on a 250F most places on an Arenacross track. ???

Cheers

Thanks for that Ron,

I live in Perth, Australia and I'm not Pro or anything special, so Im not wanting to spend lots of money and send heads etc to America. Im just looking for some guidance on gearing and bike setup/suspension. I heard that going up about 3 teeth on the rear sprocket helps stay in about 3rd gear on a 250F most places on an Arenacross track. ???

Cheers

On your suspension, it will depends on your track but most AX tracks have a whoop section and then a rythem section, a catapult jump and then the start straight. You will want to set up your suspension to work best for the whoop section. This will require heavier springs than normal. When you have this setup remember that the bike will not turn like it use to, but that is the sacrifice you need to make to get through the whoops.

On sprockets we run 52-53 on our modified bikes, you may even need a 54 if your bike is stock.

Hey man you racing at earlywine indoor this winter?

I plan on it. There and Taylor's track maybe. Its really tight though.

the track which we race on is not very aggresive because the juniors have to race on it too, so most of the jumps are tabletops but there is a gnarly whoop section which is probably the hardest part of the track.

I'm having trouble turning the bike in corners, but I have already put the sag to 95mm and raised the forks in the clamps 5mm from stock.

Is it true you need soft suspension in the initial part of the stroke and it gets firm very quickly with alot of bottoming resistance???

So the gearing is about 5 teeth higher than stock??? OR is it 52-54 on all makes of bikes? because most of the stock gearing is different between the brands, right?