Any Arizona DS Riders.

I just purchased a Yamaha WR250R and I live in Rio Verde Foothills (NE Scottsdale). I am looking for any other DS riders located in; Cave Creek, north Phoenix, Rio Verde, Fountain Hills or Scottsdale, that want to hook up for some riding. I was thinking of meeting up at Wild Cat staging area located on Bartlet Lake road or Rolls OHV 15 miles north of Fountain Hills on hwy 87.

I like mostly off-road riding with just small stretches of pavement to connect with other dirt trails. Rides I had in mind are all located north of Phoenix to include:

Sheep Bridge

Crown King

Four Peaks

Humboldt Mountain

Table Mesa

Young

Forest Lakes

or ????????

I know my way around for the most part since I have driven my jeep or quad on most of the trails listed above. My days off are always moving around so it does not have to be a weekend ride.

I like mostly off-road riding with just small stretches of pavement to connect with other dirt trails.

I like that theory but I'm not afraid to travel a bit. I just got my old xr600r tagged and ready. Looking forward to getting out even if it is hot.

I'm in Apache Junction, Mike

Another great ride out there are the trails out near Butcher Jones on Sagauro Lake. Head like you're going to Saguaro Lake, and take the Butcher Jones turnoff. The trail entrance is at the back of the Picnic Area. There is a bit of sand at the start but that that's it. Throw a swim suit in your pack b/c the trails take you right up to some of the coves.

I like that theory but I'm not afraid to travel a bit. I just got my old xr600r tagged and ready. Looking forward to getting out even if it is hot.

I'm in Apache Junction, Mike

- I live in Ohio, and ride each year in AZ, late winter/eary spring. My bace camp is just of Apache Trail in AJ at the Foot Hills of the Superstition Mts,, "cool place":thumbsup:

- I will be there 3 to 6 weeks, seeing family, freinds, and Dual Sport Adventure.

The Arizona Trail Riders won't give you access to their forum unless you are a member so you have to join for $35 to see what the club is like. They will allow you to go on a few rides with them before joining (to check each other out), but without access to their forum I found no way of getting information on upcoming rides.

I tried joining online but there was an error with their website (or my computer) at the time. However, I checked it today and does seem to be working now.

I may try to attend the dual sport / adventure ride event they put on in November on the 5 & 6th "Howlin at the Moon" in Wickenburg Arizona so I can learn more about the club.

If you know of any upcoming club rides north of Phoenix let me know.

• 7 months later...

Well this is cool, just found out about this forum and glad to see there's a bunch of semi-local riders wanting to get together!

I don't have a DS yet, but I've looked at a few on Craigslist so far and am looking at DRZ 400s today that, if it checks out, I'd be hard pressed not to buy.

I'm in West Phoenix but would definitely make the trip anywhere within AZ to go on a nice ride. I've been through a lot of the trails here already in a 4x4, but I'd like infinitely more to do them on a bike.

Looking forward to possibly teaming up with you guys in the future! Would be fun rides.

Bought a WR400 today, so we should definitely get a group together to go riding sometime! I'm a fairly aggressive rider, but I do enjoy putzing around when there's some good scenery.

• 2 weeks later...

- Just got into town (Apache Juntion) AZ,,, I stoped in NC to ride with my Nephew

http://youtu.be/xkwUlgA0k8U

- Then Deals Gap to ride the Tail of the Dragon, 318 CURVES IN 11 MILES, I was going to just ride it once but stayed three days,,,

Then I stoped at the Petrified Forest before stoping in AJ, AZ.

Ready to ride, Apache Trail and Four Peaks area,,,

DSC_0896.JPG

DSC_0938.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG