New DS helmet!

My girlfriend picked me up a new FX39 helmet for my birthday :eek: .Man what a difference comin from a moto helmet to this. The lens is super clear and has no distortion. Also being able to crack it open while riding and fully open when stopped is a breath of fresh air (pun intended) lol.

Random%252520117.jpg

My girlfriend picked me up a new FX39 helmet for my birthday :eek: .Man what a difference comin from a moto helmet to this. The lens is super clear and has no distortion. Also being able to crack it open while riding and fully open when stopped is a breath of fresh air (pun intended) lol.

Random%252520117.jpg

Hahaha, I just got the same helmet. Do you have a problem with the sunglasses? If you wear them. When I tried it, it was pushing my sunglasses up on my face.

dsco, havent tried it with sunglasses yet. Were you havin the problem with the visor down or up?

trailrider, yes they have a few different tinted lenses for it. Gonna order one in a few days. And i picked it up with a discount for $118. Normally $140 i think

dsco, havent tried it with sunglasses yet. Were you havin the problem with the visor down or up?

trailrider, yes they have a few different tinted lenses for it. Gonna order one in a few days. And i picked it up with a discount for $118. Normally $140 i think

It's not the visor being up or down that makes the sunglass issue. It's the pads right next you your eye sockets that push mine up on my face. Love the helmet though besides that issue...

My girlfriend picked me up a new FX39 helmet for my birthday ? .Man what a difference comin from a moto helmet to this. The lens is super clear and has no distortion. Also being able to crack it open while riding and fully open when stopped is a breath of fresh air (pun intended) lol.

Random%252520117.jpg

I'd say she's a keeper. Nice helmet.:eek:

I have the black one of these and you know it's funny... I bought the medium based on the measurements of my head. It didn't fit! It hurt to even get it on!!! Sent it back and got the large and it's a tiny bit loose. Tried the Fly Trekker too and since they're the same helmet, the fit was literally the same.

It is a nice helmet though and I'm going to get the light tint shield for it.

I bought the medium based on the measurements of my head. It didn't fit! It hurt to even get it on!!! Sent it back and got the large and it's a tiny bit loose. Tried the Fly Trekker too and since they're the same helmet, the fit was literally the same.

What I'm learning is different helmets for different head shapes. If you look at 3 different heads from above one may be oval, one round, and one in between, and even though they may be the same measurement, the same helmet won't fit all of them. Some mfrs are known to be oriented towards one shape or another, but others have several different shapes in their lineup.

I'm somewhat oval, and from what I can tell the XD-3 should work for me, I'll find out when it arrives shortly.

What I'm learning is different helmets for different head shapes. If you look at 3 different heads from above one may be oval, one round, and one in between, and even though they may be the same measurement, the same helmet won't fit all of them. Some mfrs are known to be oriented towards one shape or another, but others have several different shapes in their lineup.

I'm somewhat oval, and from what I can tell the XD-3 should work for me, I'll find out when it arrives shortly.

I am finding the same thing. I completely agree.

It is somewhat frustrating to have an oddly-sized head. :eek:?

How is the distortion, I bought a FX dual sport helmet a couple of years ago and it made me motion sick in about a block. Traded the helmet twice for a new one and switched out the lens a couple of times and still does it. So, I have a brand new helmet in a box that I can't wear due to the lens issue. My street helmet doesn't do it, and neither does my moto helmet.

Moto, You probably have the fx37 which was known for distortion problems. AFX said they fixed the issue with the fx39 and they sure did! It's clear as a bell and im amazed at just how much my field of view was blocked with an MX helmet and goggles.

As far a hot weather goes, it was sittin around 90 here last week and it was really nice to open the visor when stopped and also keep it cracked while riding. Plenty of air movement with the vents too. ? I only wish i had it back during the heatwaves we had. Those 100+ deg humid days weren't exactly riding weather.

This week it's been in the 50's in the morning and the lens does fog up a bit if it's completely closed. Just crack it for a second and it clears right up.