What do I check next?

Rode my 2006 450r Wednesday and it was real hard to start. Once started it restarted perfectly even when I stalled it. Cleaned it up and went to ride it today and never got it to fire. Checked the plug and it has spark, but looks old. Gonna try a new plug, but think it may be gunked carb or valve time?

I'd check your clearances on the intakes; most of the time, these are the ones that tighten up first due to their titanium construction; once the coating wears off of them, away they go... you can shim them back to spec, but replacing them is, in my opinion, a better, permanent fix. Be sure to check your exhaust valves too, though...

I have to give a plug for Kibblewhite stainless steel intake valves. On my '04, the mechanic put a set in over the winter...man, what a difference...went from 10 kicks to start to 1-2 kicks to start. Plus, since they're made of SS, they last a helluva lot longer than titanium (however, good fresh gas and super clean air filters are the best for valvetrain longevity) Just something to think about...hope you get it squared away!

Went from 1-2 kicks to start on Sunday to pain in the ass Wednesday to no way am I startn on Monday. BUt once it ran it ran like a champ on Wednesday so thats whats kickn me...If it was valves wouldnt they be a pain all the time?