2002 valves replacement

Hi there everyone!

I want to change the valves, they are in bad shape,

What brand of or material valves do you recommend?

Do i need to change springs?

What about the shims? can i use the ones i have on the bike or need new ones?

Is there a kit you can reccomend me that comes with everything i might need?

tks for your help

Cheers

i would go with honda valves and springs. you cant go wrong with OEM. As far as shims it just depends on what shims you need. I know that hot cams make a shim kit dor $90 and it comes with two boxes of different increment shims.

Ok tks for your comment, im not that an expert, so here is another question, whed difference the shims does to the machine, also do they wear? So if i want the engine stock? should i keep the ones i have now?

tks a lot.

If you have the cash about 700 bucks. Id would replace the head with an 2008 head and valves and a 08 pistion and rings. Doing this the valves will last much longer than the 02. And fewer adjustments. I haven't done the mod on my 02 yet but have bought all the parts when its time to do it. And if you buy parts slowly it wont feel so bad. If interested I think I have a list of the parts needed.

If you have the cash about 700 bucks. Id would replace the head with an 2008 head and valves and a 08 pistion and rings. Doing this the valves will last much longer than the 02. And fewer adjustments. I haven't done the mod on my 02 yet but have bought all the parts when its time to do it. And if you buy parts slowly it wont feel so bad. If interested I think I have a list of the parts needed.

Wow thats a mayor investment on the bike but you are correct part by part its better... So if you would post the list over here would be nice.

08 head and piston and cylinder i guess?

Well, will wait for the list.

Quick question anybody can comment whats the difference on the power btwn a crf250 and a 450? Is that much of a difference? Im thinking instesd of rebuild my 450 '02 sell it and get me a 2009 crf250x

Any comments?

Wow thats a mayor investment on the bike but you are correct part by part its better... So if you would post the list over here would be nice.

08 head and piston and cylinder i guess?

Well, will wait for the list.

Quick question anybody can comment whats the difference on the power btwn a crf250 and a 450? Is that much of a difference? Im thinking instesd of rebuild my 450 '02 sell it and get me a 2009 crf250x

Any comments?

only a slight difference in a crf250 to a 450.. similar to night VS. Day .. :eek:

So to recap, the CRF450R runs about 50hp. A CRF250X runs like a lawn tractor, or 21-28. So ya, sell the worn out 450 and buy something with half the HP...and more weight.

You thinking about joining the Sierra Club too? Own a Prius?

Stop. Just send the head off and have stainless valves put in it, get a 13.5:1 piston, run it with the 02 cam and its a friggin beast!