Calcaneus break

Hi

I broke my left calcaneus Seems to have not been broken out of position or maybe a mm if any, I have a fracture that goes to the joint but not through, anyways without the cat scans or fraud anyone have experience with this injury?

I'm looking at dartmouth hitchcock in nh near where I live to see about the need for surgery,

Any advice is great, thanks as I m patiently waiting to rude someday in the future,

Crabnebula

Sitting on the couch waiting for the swelling to come down so I can get plated and screwed (literally) on Tuesday. Mine displaced and is in the joint so no choice for me. Can't really offer any help except the Orhto said this is a "life changer" and expect a long road back. I have had my share of injuries and this ranks right up there on the unpleasant scale.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for the replies, I've got the picture that basically, I'm going to have some arthritis, being 32, I'm not sure besides aches what that means, I m wondering how bearable is it to walk run hike " push my bike"?

Thanks everyoNe, as you may know I certainly have some down time which feels like up time to organize in peace, my life

Thanks!!

I broke mine in Feb of 2010. Multiple fractures, many pieces of bone had to be repositioned. Four hour surgery, 12 screws and plates. I can walk pretty well now, foot movement up and down is good, side motion for uneven surfaces not so good. I spent a whole day on my feet at the fair a couple of weeks ago. Started limping after about 6 hours and had a hard time the next day. A day of rest and I was good to go.

Walking is fine. I look down when walking trails or in the desert. An unseen rock, root, uneven surface hurts!

I race desert here in So Cal. It took awhile to build up my strength, but I race witout problem for the most part. Had to buy some new boots, my Tech 8's hurt my foot. My Sidi SRS are terrific. I lift my foot off the peg when going through rock gardens of bowling ball sized rocks now. You will learn to do things a little differently. I can usually do a 100 mile race without a problem now. Some swelling that night and the next day.

Good luck to you! Work hard with your P.T. Don't give up. The pain will get less.

Oh by the way, I am 58 now, so age should not be a factor for you.

Doug