Sign in to follow this  

2011 KX450F Rev Limiter @ 5820

So I put a tachometer/hour meter on my KX. It from Works Connection, so I supposed its accurate. One thing this hour meter does is, it displays the max rpm of your session, when you shut the bike off. However, every time I ride, It says 5820. But I am reading that the 2011 KX450F is supposed to have a 12,000rpm redline. Can anyone chime in and help me figure out what's going on? Is there a way to raise this 5820rpm limiter?

So I put a tachometer/hour meter on my KX. It from Works Connection, so I supposed its accurate. One thing this hour meter does is, it displays the max rpm of your session, when you shut the bike off. However, every time I ride, It says 5820. But I am reading that the 2011 KX450F is supposed to have a 12,000rpm redline. Can anyone chime in and help me figure out what's going on? Is there a way to raise this 5820rpm limiter?

On my 11 the reading on my hour meter only reads half at idle if yours does the same your Max RPM would be just under 12

hope this helps

Ernie

Thanks Ernie,

I just saw a video on youtube of the same hour meter and it does exactly what mine does. So thanks for the info, it really put my mind at ease.

I don't know. I guess now I'm going to have to check to see if the hours aren't halved as well.

it's should be at 1800 at idle mine reads at about 900,so just check it when you start it

My hour meter does the same. Should have seen my trying to adjust my idle when I first got it. My buddy was all, "Seems to be idling high".. No kidding, I had it set at almost double what it was supposed to be.

Mine bike is slightly new(29hrs), I think it may idle a bit low, but the hr meter/tach says 800-900 rpm at idle. It starts right up and once in a while, if I don't let it warm up, it dies if I try to take off too quickly. I may idle it up a bit, now that you mention it.

Mine bike is slightly new(29hrs), I think it may idle a bit low, but the hr meter/tach says 800-900 rpm at idle. It starts right up and once in a while, if I don't let it warm up, it dies if I try to take off too quickly. I may idle it up a bit, now that you mention it.

if it says it's idling at 800-900 rpm it's only reading every other stroke,so it is only reading half the rpms. your max rpms would be double(x2) what your hour meter/tach says.

Hope this helps

Ernie

I sure hope your bike revs higher than 5800....definitely sounds like it's reading half the rpms.

Hi Guys,

On our tach/hour meters the ppr (pulse per revolution) setting needs to be changed if your bike is EFI equipped. I have included a link to our website that if you scroll down has a short video of how to install the hour meter. At the beginning of the video it explains how to change the ppr setting. It is easy to do, and then your rpm's will be accurate. By the way, it has no effect on the 'hours' on the bike no matter where the ppr is set.

http://worksconnection.com/details.php?id=722

Hope this helps.

...Eric

Hi Guys,

On our tach/hour meters the ppr (pulse per revolution) setting needs to be changed if your bike is EFI equipped. I have included a link to our website that if you scroll down has a short video of how to install the hour meter. At the beginning of the video it explains how to change the ppr setting. It is easy to do, and then your rpm's will be accurate. By the way, it has no effect on the 'hours' on the bike no matter where the ppr is set.

http://worksconnection.com/details.php?id=722

Hope this helps.

...Eric

Thanks for the link....I was wondering the same thing... :)