WR450 07 pausing problem

I've just brought an 07 at an Auction and when at a constant speed the engine seems to pause for a second.

What I know about the bike:

It has been sitting for a while before I got it

Done 800km from new

Replaced the fuel

The shop who sold the bike rejetted it, took out the air box and disconected the grey wire.

I know that the WR do have a pause in the cycle but it feels more than it should. When it pauses my body moves forward.

Does this sound normal?

I've just brought an 07 at an Auction and when at a constant speed the engine seems to pause for a second.

What I know about the bike:

It has been sitting for a while before I got it

Done 800km from new

Replaced the fuel

The shop who sold the bike rejetted it, took out the air box and disconected the grey wire.

I know that the WR do have a pause in the cycle but it feels more than it should. When it pauses my body moves forward.

Does this sound normal?

You need to take the carb apart, properly jet it (read the stickies), new plug, check all your grounds, fresh gas, and a proper fuel screw installation.

Cheers for that Krannie

When taking the Carb apart what am I looking for?

I'll get a new spark plug today and then see how it go's. I've got no idea about jetting so I'll leave that option til last.

Cheers

Dan

Cheers for that Krannie

When taking the Carb apart what am I looking for?

I'll get a new spark plug today and then see how it go's. I've got no idea about jetting so I'll leave that option til last.

Cheers

Dan

Get a manual too. Disconnect the TPS at the gray plug harness to see if it is the problem, and if it is, re-adjust it per the manual.

Most issues with hesitation are due to clogged pilot jet, poor throttle cable adjustment, bad (aluminum) fuel screw or fuel screw adjustment, missing oring on fuel screw, bad gas, or....damaged stator.