Sign in to follow this  

Chest pain after riding?

Usually ride 1-2 times a week and since I started riding again about a month ago my chest has hurt a little bit by the breast bone...I ride fast and tight trails with a good bit of bumps and logs...I'm not sure if its my bike doing it to me...or the new bed I'm sleeping on since I moved home after graduating from college... anyone else soar in the chest after riding? I'm 6'3.25 and 25 years old...225 pounds

Maybe you should get a checkup by a doctor to be on the safe side. I'm sure it's nothing, maybe you brused your ribs or something and riding brings it out.

You have to be more specific about what kind of pain it is. Is it a muscle pain or something deeper, and when you say breast bone do you mean your sternum?

Also, is this something that is brought on by the physical exertion. Does it stop hurting shortly after your body comes to rest or is it a consistent nagging pain?

Usually ride 1-2 times a week and since I started riding again about a month ago my chest has hurt a little bit by the breast bone...I ride fast and tight trails with a good bit of bumps and logs...I'm not sure if its my bike doing it to me...or the new bed I'm sleeping on since I moved home after graduating from college... anyone else soar in the chest after riding? I'm 6'3.25 and 25 years old...225 pounds

I'm sore in the chest all the time. It's usually my back hurting all the way through to the front. It's the muscles mid-back - can be aggravated by riding. They get bad from sitting alot (I have a desk job) and can be lit up by sleeping in a crappy bed - those stupid trendy foam beds are the worst. Have your girlfriend give you a good elbow-grinding back rub after you're done. If it generates instant relief, that's the problem.

JayC

I've had both my lungs pop on me, the left one several times. One went out in about 5 minutes, the others took days. You might have a pneumomediastinum, which can vary in severity. I thought I had just muscle pain until i went to the doctor. It hurt in my back, shoulder blade, and chest. Get yourself checked out. Its probably not serious, but worth a visit to the doc

like a pec pain rib pain or like inside? i get pec pains all the time after a good ride, rib pains after a good crash, and heartburn after taco hell. if it's way out of the ordinary and doesn't go away in a few days go to a doctor..

I took a hit to the sternum when I was 18 and it came back as chest pain years latter. I'd lean back and pull my shoulders back to crack it and eventually it cleared up.

That may well be from your back. I've had vertebra slightly out of kilter before and feel it as much or more in the center of my chest. Could also be a pulled muscle.

Sometimes mine will go away on it's own, sometimes takes a trip to the chiropractor to fix it.

yea i get it to especially after riding on old strip roads does it feel like your breast bone is bruised and hurt worse when you rub it? my doctor told me that you can pull those muscles really easy where their thin usually old roads where your in one position for a long time i get really sore tho lol

Edited by OUTLAWZRIDER83

I strongly suggest that you see a doctor for a check-up. I do not think that your pain is common or normal. If the check-up is fine, then you should evaluate your riding technique. I know of many pains from riding, but not the one you describe.

Flat landed a jump a while back. My sternum took a hard hit to the handle bars (of course the one time I didn't wear a chest protector). The pain was severe like a broken rib but it was just bruised and went away after a couple of weeks. Since you suffered no direct impact to your chest and have question I would have a doc check it out.