Look what I got

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been on TT but I'd figure I'd stop by to show off the new bike. It's nothing special but I picked her up for a good price. She needs a little work but hopefully after a few hunderd bucks I'll have second bike to tool around on. It's a 2000 yz125, Needs a new top, a few seals and a water pump shaft. This will be my first time doing any motor work besides a topend, hopefully I can get everthing goes smoothly.

I've been a honda guy through and through but maybe this will change that a little:thumbsup:

Sh!tty pic but all I got for now

IMG_20110906_195245.jpg

Water pump seals and shaft is very easy to do and you should be fine. You will just need to remove the right side outer case. The Yamaha Service Manual gives very straightforward step-by-step directions for disassembly and reassembly, so I recommend you get one of those. They can usually be readily downloaded online. Let us know if you need specific instructions due to lack of service manual.

Be sure to check for excessive movement on the connecting rod when you do the top end, and grease the linkage, swingarm, steering stem, and wheel bearings and replace as necessary.

Enjoy the bike. It should be fun!

Water pump seals and shaft is very easy to do and you should be fine. You will just need to remove the right side outer case. The Yamaha Service Manual gives very straightforward step-by-step directions for disassembly and reassembly, so I recommend you get one of those. They can usually be readily downloaded online. Let us know if you need specific instructions due to lack of service manual.

Be sure to check for excessive movement on the connecting rod when you do the top end, and grease the linkage, swingarm, steering stem, and wheel bearings and replace as necessary.

Enjoy the bike. It should be fun!

The bike did come with a cylimer manual, which has helped out a bit. I actaully have the whole bike disasembled and the water pump shafted removed, which I thought was going to be the most difficult part came out pretty easy. I'm only worried about putting the exhaust valve back together, I didn't pay too much attention to it during disasembling. But so far everything has gone pretty smoothly.

Its an easy job. Just take your time and use the manual to reassemble the PV. Taking your time is the most importantpart so you make sure its done right and you dont have to tear it apart again. Theres nothing to these 2 stroke motors, Im to the point now where I can replace the crank in my bike and reassemble in about 4 hrs. Like anything it takes patience.

Congrats on the Yz, I have a 2000 125 myself and I absolutely love the bike! Good luck.

I just picked up a 2002 YZ 125 for my son. it looked like id had low hours but very poor maintance.

The first thing we did was wash it and tear it down to the frame and clean and paint every part as it goes back together.

As soon as i get the carburetor to stop overflowing we will ride the hell out of it.

Edited by GCannon
spelling

Lol no harm done, just take your time and do it right the first time. Make sure everything is seated completely, flat, and without too much pressureon the cases or bearings. Its rather easy and once you have everything in front of you you'll be 100% confident in the procedure.

Keep us posted on the progress.