Sign in to follow this  

Stator suggestion

Howdy. I've gone through all the tests on my stator and it appears to be shorting to ground. What is the overall consensus on a replacement stator for the DRZ400S models? I read where Ricky Stator has a good replacement stator and may offer TT members a discount. Any opinions on stator replacement? Thanks.

i went with the RS and havent looked back. great price even without a discount

No, or not more then a E, S or Sm..

i thought awhile ago they used but there was an issue and fired a few stator

i thought awhile ago they used but there was an issue and fired a few stator

Yes once upon a time they did that... There is a post here someplace where RS REP explained as much, and that they redesigned, to a lower standard wattage.

Yes once upon a time they did that... There is a post here someplace where RS REP explained as much, and that they redesigned, to a lower standard wattage.

130 watts right?

5k miles on my RS stator and going strong.

130 watts right?

5k miles on my RS stator and going strong.

200W is what is used as an overall capacity... by Suzuki for S, SM, E.. The aftermarket Stator company's have posted more then one who those numbers are only x, and ours are tested at Y, and then Z comes in to play some times.........

There is a post here someplace where I used a very expensive and well calibrated meter (O scope and meter actually) to see what was being output by my OEM stator, under different conditions, I'll have to see if I can find it.

hope you have a flywheel puller

I'm not working on a Harley...:lol::thumbsup:

Yes the RS stators are standard capacity replacement stators. The Hi Output stators didn't last very long. They punted the Hi Output design and went with a factory type winding, and now the rest is history.

My '02 has 21,000 on the clock. I just bought it and found the stator is fried. With the meter checking the charge volts, it would slowly climb to around 12.6-12.8 and stop. Just enough to keep the battery from dying if you stayed running at speeds.

The PO had it set up on a battery tender. His type of riding was to unplug the charger, crank the bike with the freshly topped off battery and ride for 2-3 hours with limited off road jaunts and not much reason to re-start the bike. He claims he didn't know the stator was toast, and he may not have. I had no reason not to trust him because he was riding the bike a good bit and was in the areas riding group. The stator could have been toast for several thousand miles. :smashpc:

When we got it, we immediately hit the woods and by mid day, we were seeing the effects of the toasted stator with repeated, stops and cranking on the engine. So it's RS to the rescue. Hopefully it will be here today and we can carry on.:busted:

I have an Electrosport I swapped for mine, my OEM stator lasted only 14K miles, it was shorted on all 3 phases but no apparant damage...just happens sometimes, did not have too much warning but was only 30 miles from home

I checked the E-Sport website and they are out of stock anyway...as you can tell, the RS stators don't seem to have too many issues, you get a TT discount and help support a forum member!:smashpc:

I have an Electrosport I swapped for mine, my OEM stator lasted only 14K miles, it was shorted on all 3 phases but no apparant damage...just happens sometimes, did not have too much warning but was only 30 miles from home

I checked the E-Sport website and they are out of stock anyway...as you can tell, the RS stators don't seem to have too many issues, you get a TT discount and help support a forum member!:smashpc:

didn't they go out of business awhile ago?